Taboos among Muslim women

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bold
    I am a nurse and am curious what taboos exist among Muslim women in terms of what they will do in front of women but not men. For example, I have had patients who will remove their head dress in front of me but not the doctor. When I asked, they said it was because I was a women and the doctor was a man.

User Detail :  

Name : Bold, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Kimberly26390
    Participant
    I greet you with the Islamic greeting of peace: Assalamu 'alaikum.' You posted a very good question. The Holy Qur'an is the word of God. And in the Holy Qur'an, Allah (Arabic word and proper name for God) has commanded Muslims to dress modestly, and women are to be covered. Because you are female, I can remove my hijab (scarf) in front of you, but not in front of men outside the family. I do hope I have answered your question, and perhaps even piqued your interest in Islam.

User Detail :  

Name : Kimberly26390, Gender : F, City : Newman, State : CO Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

ZERO24239
    Participant
    Scarves that muslim women wear are consider part of attire. I am very sure people dont remove their shirt and trousers infront of people. No one does that. The rule is a bit relaxed when the gathering consist only of women.

User Detail :  

Name : ZERO24239, City : KL, State : NA Country : Malaysia, 

noha
    Participant
    there are similar questions page 5(posted 10/1/2001) and page 6 (posted 9/19/2001)i've written answers there that i think might answer you they haven't been put yet but by the time this appears online they should have have because i wrote them first :) if not send me an email and i'll tell you what i wrote:)

User Detail :  

Name : noha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 16, City : cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

RMuhammad
    Participant
    It would have to be a real emergency for me to un cover in front of a male doctor. Other than that I always request female doctors. In fact I prefer to deal with females in all business transactions.

User Detail :  

Name : RMuhammad, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Muslim, Age : 29, City : Washington D.C., State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : homemaker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.