Sudden erections in public

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

GARY
    I often have a problem with a spontaneous erection while I am at work or any place in public. I often wear brief-style underwear to somewhat control the problem of being noticed. Being that I am a man, I really don't want to go see a doctor about this, but I wonder if any other men have this problem, and if so, is there is a medical issue I should be unaware of?

User Detail :  

Name : GARY, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Jewish, Age : 38, City : Los angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Ed H.
    Participant
    If you have very long-lasting and painful erections, you might have a condition called 'priapism.' That could be harmful, to say the least. Otherwise, go with it and count yourself lucky. There are hundreds of thousands of men who can't get an erection for one reason or another. I, like you, are one of the lucky ones. I get an erection at the slightest provocation many times a day. I can forget about wearing spandex! I'm not about to complain, though. I'm 58 and am pleased to announce that I'm always 'there' for my loving wife.

User Detail :  

Name : Ed H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : spinal cord injury, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 58, City : Airway Heights, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Retired Marine, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Christopher-D32097
    Participant
    Thinking about pretty ladies - that's how I get an erection while doing my boring work at Target. No one notices, as the customers only care about getting out of the store in a timely manner. No need to worry - no one notices it.

User Detail :  

Name : Christopher-D32097, Gender : M, City : Arlington, State : TX Country : United States, 

Anonymous-coward
    Participant
    Congratulations; you are a normal male. There is no reason for you to go to a doctor. Men have spontaneous erections and it's really no big deal. You should read a book on human sexuality, and I'm sure to your surprise you'd see that all men do this. Maybe you are concerned that someone will notice because your penis could be larger than average, and if so, most men would love that, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Anonymous-coward, City : somewhere, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : administrator, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Julianna-C27019
    Participant
    I asked my husband something similar one time. I wanted to know why guys get erections while they are sleeping and first thing in the morning. He explained that it has to do with blood flow to the tissue in the member. A non-erect penis does not have a lot of blood flow. Blood flow is required for healthy tissue, so at various times throughout the day and night an erection will occur to increase the blood flow through the penis. This is natural and has nothing to do with sexual arousal.

User Detail :  

Name : Julianna-C27019, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 25, City : Santa Clara, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Systems Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jon27115
    Participant
    I get erections all the time, and it usually doesn't have to do with sexual arousal. I think I learned in sex education class in junior high that the average male gets an erection every hour or so as the body goes through its normal daily rhythms. I don't know what you mean by 'spontaneous,' whether it's a sudden tiger trying to get free from your pants or what, but I don't think it's a medical condition. If mine gets especially hard, I try to quietly rotate it up so it is pinned down by my belt. I usually wear loose clothes so that it doesn't seem to be bulging too much. But if tighty whiteys work for you, then it's all right.

User Detail :  

Name : Jon27115, Gender : M, City : Kyoto, State : NA Country : Japan, 

Jim30734
    Participant
    I have wondered if an erection early in the morning isn't also a subtle, learned response to keep from urinating. You can't do that with an erection, of course. For your problem, however, why not just switch to pleated pants?

User Detail :  

Name : Jim30734, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 41, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Ronald V.
    There are some antidepressant medications that can cause priaprism, as mentioned in one of the responses. Triazolam is one example. However, I tend to go with the explanation that living tissue requires blood flow, and early morning erections are not sexual in nature. It seems that there is a prevalent misunderstanding that erection means arousal, which is not necessarily the case.

User Detail :  

Name : Ronald V., Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 47, City : Edmonton, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Hugo
    This is perfectly normal if it's caused by the sight of someone you fancy, a sexy thought crosses your mind, or any of your erogenous zones are being stimulated by your clothes.Many men have frequent erections during the course of everyday life. I prefer boxer-shorts, so there is nothing to restrain my erections. But as I also usually wear loose trousers or shorts, I don't think too much shows to embarrass anyone. Enjoy your erections!

User Detail :  

Name : Hugo, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : none - atheist, Age : 54, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : consultant, Education level : High School Diploma, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.