Stuck Up Rich Girls…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Nick
    Participant
    Does anyone know why a lot of upper-class suburban females always have a stuck-up attitude when lower-middle or middle class dudes (mostly Latinos or blacks) try to talk to them? For example, I'm not the type who thinks macho of himself, but I know I'm not ugly. For example, I got a lot of females in my social class who don't mind talking to me if I try talking to them ( this goes for all races). But if I go to a girl who has got a little bit more money than me, she seems resentful to talk to me. What's up with that? I mean, I don't know if it's just the way they are, or if it has to do with money, or what.

User Detail :  

Name : Nick, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

ED25477
    Participant
    Please. You know you live in America, where money is king. Why should they give you the time of day when there are probably plenty of rich boys for them to play with (unless you look like Brad Pitt or something)?

User Detail :  

Name : ED25477, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 48, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 

Nelson-A20183
    Participant
    Mi hermano, that happens down here in Venezuela too, and we're ALL Hispanic. Although the upper middle and upper classes down here are mostly white, you see all kinds of skin color. It has to do more with the cultural/educational level than anything else. It's a myth that upper level women seek just the money. Most will prefer a sweet, smart and sexy average profesional than a millionaire uncultured jerk. But they won't even talk to what they could consider a broke uncultured jerk. These women (not so much girls) are attracted to 'success,' which means that a man can carry a formidable household. It's biological, it's in their nature as subconscious mothers. That 'success' thing is hard to describe, it's not looks or money, it's a mix of it all: mind, body and wallet. If you look like a well-educated gentleman and you approach these upper-class girls as one, they will most surely respond in an appropriate manner. Socially speaking, birds of a feather flock together. That's the way it is down here, up there and everywhere. Tranquilo, y pa'lante mi hermano.

User Detail :  

Name : Nelson-A20183, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 35, City : Caracas, State : NA Country : Venezuela, Occupation : Educator/Lawyer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Corey
    It seems obvious to me that you are dealing with some white people who are convinced that when a white girl gets involved with a minority (especially in an area like Texas), it is because no 'decent white guy' would have her. Not really a class/money issue, but more of a class/perception thing. There exists a perception that the only girls who even get hit on by blacks and Hispanics are the ones who are seen as an easy target (for sex, that is). An easy target is a girl who is unattractive, overweight, poor, undereducated, etc... I guess these rich white girls aren't so much saying you aren't good enough, but that being with you might make them seem not good enough to their friends.

User Detail :  

Name : Corey, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Taoist, Age : 35, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    How do you act around these women? Some women are turned off by certain types of body language, attitude or tone of voice. It's all about the way you carry yourself.

User Detail :  

Name : A-Girl-From-Toronto, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 25, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Graduate Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Michele20520
    Participant
    The question is, HOW do you approach these women? Are you walking up to them on the street or trying to to talk to them in a bar? I know that I feel uncomfortable when a man I don't know of any race walks up to me and starts asking me for my number, or being persistent, even when I make it clear I'm not interested. A lot of the women you describe may be shy, have a boyfriend, are in a hurry to get somewhere, or are simply not interested. It's all about how you approach and where.

User Detail :  

Name : Michele20520, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 31, City : New Orleans, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Harvey21432
    Participant
    The answer to your question is yes, no, maybe. Yes, there are stuck-up women, no, some are not, and some aren't sure who they are. OK, now what? Nick, I suspect you are young. Women have always been drawn to men who can provide. This has been true from the beginning of time. It's a fact, not a problem. If you are a decent, good and loving man, it is their loss.

User Detail :  

Name : Harvey21432, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 51, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Jay31095
    Participant
    I don't think its so much to do with race as class. I'm a white female from Europe who came from a working class neighborhood, and I can't stand being around rich girls - they are just so stuck up and cold. Maybe they just don't feel there is any common ground, so they don't bother to interact with 'commoners' like us!

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31095, Gender : F, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Julie27045
    Participant
    Under normal circumstances, women do not date or marry 'down.' There are a few real questions that are revealed by the way you phrased your question. One that's fairly obvious is, How would they know what socio-economic class you belong to? I mean, do you walk up to these women and say, 'Hi, I'm Nick and I'm lower middle class?' I doubt it. Another is, Are most of the 'upper class suburban females' white? If so, then again the answer is obvious. Third, and most interesting of all is, Why do you feel attracted to women who are obviously not attracted to you?

User Detail :  

Name : Julie27045, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 33, City : Woodbridge, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Patty
    Participant
    That depends on the circumstances of how, when and where you try to talk to her. I'm far from upper class myself, but often strange men will chat me up on the street. I don't like that at all. I find it rude and disrespectful. Maybe that's in part due to the fact that I was raised in Germany, where strangers don't talk to strangers on the street unless it's an emergency.

User Detail :  

Name : Patty, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 41, City : Newport News, State : VA Country : United States, Social class : Lower class, 

Ginger
    I am not considered upper class, financially, but to see me out on the street, I dress pretty nice. However, with an email like juggalothug, I would be more apt to go the other way. You see, it's all about mindset. You think, therefore you are. I understand though, how you would get an idea, but I think it's more of a mentality difference than class.

User Detail :  

Name : Ginger, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 22, City : Longview, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Deaf Interpreter/ office gopher, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lea
    I'd consider myself upper middle class. It's not so much a class thing or a race thing as much as it is a cultural thing. We have a lot of migrant workers from Mexico and such where I'm from, and the men will stare at girls. I've heard that that's considered complimentary where they're from, but it's not acceptable up here. We get very creeped out when a man of any age, race or class looks at us for more than a second or so. We like being admired and checked out, but not for more than a second if we can see you doing it. We've been conditioned to think that all Hispanic men stare with impure thoughts to the point that when staying at a hotel or even being out anywhere, my parents won't let me walk around by myself or out of their sight if they've noticed a group of Hispanic men around. With black guys, it may be where the girl is from. Being from near Philly, a lot of the black guys here are into trying to seem gangsta or whatever. So if a guy is trying to dress like a rapper, we assume he's not going to be well-mannered or be interesting to talk to. I know it's unfair, but when a white, suburban, upper-middle class girl who lives near a city like Philadelphia sees a black guy who's not neatly dressed, she does assume he's up to no good or that he's homeless. It's a protection thing. We hear about stuff that happens in Philly every night on the evening news. It's like profiling people getting on an air plane right after 9/11. You know that it's not just Arab-looking men who are a threat and that not all Arab-looking men are a threat, but that's who seemed most likly to be a threat, so that's who made us nervous. It's the same with men. We don't want to be victims, and where we've been raised, that's usually who's doing the victimizing. If you're polite and well-mannered, then most girls won't have a problem chatting with you. There will always be those who do have a problem with guys of other races and social classes, but that's almost a fact of life. Dress neatly and act politely. Your clothes don't have to be high quality, just neat. Be comfortable with who you are, but realize where your target girl may be coming from and try to understand why she may be hesitant at first.

User Detail :  

Name : Lea, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Malvern, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Anne T.
    Participant
    Being born a white female of Southern parents, I would have never dated a man of any other race when I was younger. It wasn't because I thought I was better. It was because I knew my parents and grandparents would have been upset. I am not like that today. I know that it would still upset my father and grandfather, but I also know I have to live my life for me, not them. I can't change who they are, but I have full control over who I am. Some of the girls you encounter who act this way may just be plain snobby or small-minded. Others may just need to mature beyond what they have been taught. Some may need to realize not to fear what they will lose if they are themselves, but fear what they will lose if they are not themselves. Some of them just may not be attracted to you, but that doesn't pardon their being rude.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne T., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Southern Baptist, Age : 34, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : IT, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Vivi
    If women of your own social background like you, why do you try to hit on rich, white girls?

User Detail :  

Name : Vivi, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 43, City : New Orleans, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jess30765
    Participant
    I happen to be a white, upper-middle class girl from Texas, and I think you are stereotyping rich white girls. Yes, some rich girls are rude and have a vanity complex, but most of us are fairly down to earth. Almost all the guys I have been involved with had less money than me, and several were Hispanic. I don't really care what kind of paycheck they get, as long as I'm attracted to them and they are respectful. If you came up to me and started acting like a thug and then tried to hit on me, of course I would give you the cold shoulder. I'm not into the thug/gangsta thing (not saying you are, just hypothetically speaking). It's all about how you carry yourself.

User Detail :  

Name : Jess30765, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Lubbock, State : TX Country : United States, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.