Speaking in tongues

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 24 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jen I.
    Participant
    Why do some Christians believe speaking in tongues is necessary for worship? Do Christians who speak in tongues believe that those who don't are not really saved?

User Detail :  

Name : Jen I., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Eielson, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Military, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dan
    Participant
    Some congregations adhere to the 'tongues equals salvation' doctrine, but the majority of Pentecostal and Charismatic congregations are aware that tongues aren't necessary for salvation. When people say that things other than or in addition to Jesus Christ are necessary for salvation, I always point to the thief on the cross. As for it being necessary for worship, well, when it comes to worship, it is what's in the heart that counts. Tongues are a spiritual gift. To the individual, it is direct communication with God. To the congregation, when accompanied by interpretation, it is God directly speaking.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : na, Race : Chicano, Religion : Pentecostal Christian, Age : 21, City : Los Angeles area, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Rob S.
    What dose the term 'Speaking in tounges mean',is it another way of saying ,speaking aloud verbally so people can hear you. As not speaking with a tounge means ,to think the sentance only in your mind. What dose the saying'White man talk with fourth tounge' mean. I think that saying means, to speak rudley,disrespectfully or swearing.

User Detail :  

Name : Rob S., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Poole, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : na, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.