Social class and dogs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kerrie26480
    Participant
    What dogs are associated with social class? My fiance wants to purchase a pit bull, but I have always seen them as a sign of lower class people and poverty. We are both college educated professionals and we live in a middle class neighborhood. What dogs are popular among the middle class and professionals?

User Detail :  

Name : Kerrie26480, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Raleigh, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Media Relations Representative, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Brittany
    Participant
    Really..I never knew a dog, an animal, is supposed to be associated with what class you belong to...I though it was always a preference or what was affordable..How can a pit bull(which I own and I'm not lower class) be a dog that most lower class people own when pit bulls are very expensive? Probably one of the most expensive dogs depending on what kind you get...Most people choose dogs based on their temperaments, how long they live, are they cute, can they protect me...Your fiancee has made a great choice beacause they are very dependable, reliable, cute dogs (depending on what kind you get). I have a blue pit with blue eyes..very rare....but red pit bulls are beautiful also... It's all in what you prefer and what you can prefer...

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.