Smell of Middle Eastern women

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jenni T.
    Participant
    What is the strong smell/odor that some people from the Middle East (or where women cover themselves with clothes because of the religion) have? I´m not the only one to notice it, and someone suggested it was their diet. The smell in my opinion is strong and kind of sweet and maybe even more attached to the clothes.

User Detail :  

Name : Jenni T., Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Helsinki, State : NA Country : Finland, 

V Knight
    Most likely these women smell they way they do because of their diet. What we eat and drink (all of us) we breath out through our skin. For example, have you ever been around a person who was drinking very heavily the night before? I have, and even after a bath, for most of the following day they smell like alcohol, especially is they start to sweat.

User Detail :  

Name : V Knight, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 33, City : odenton, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Michael20719
    Participant
    The only thing I can think of is spices and herbs used for cooking. As a kid, I had many immigrants and foreign exchange students for friends. One of my best friends in high school was from Pakistan and I can't even begin to guess at how much time I spent at his house. Though I never noticed an odor from his mother (it feels weird to put it that way;) I did notice a sweet herbal odor on the entire first floor... very similar to raisons and oranges. Since the smell was strongest in the kitchen where she kept all sorts of unprocessed herbs and spices, I assume these were the source. Go to the grocery store and find the spice section. Take a big whiff of yellow curry and see if the smell is similar ;)

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20719, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Annie
    Participant
    Probably the lotions and perfumed oils many Middle Eastern women use.

User Detail :  

Name : Annie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : A, State : NA Country : Spain, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mick-J20588
    Participant
    Everyone smells, it's just that when you live within your own ethnic or cultural group you don't notice it. Asians smell to me, mostly of garlic, but I understand we smell to them too, we as in Australians of European decent. Asians sometimes call us 'butter balls' because we smell of dairy foods. They also find the smell of lamb offensive and say they can smell it coming through our skin. The smell you smell on Middle Eastern women is probably spices used in food or body oil/perfume.

User Detail :  

Name : Mick-J20588, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 32, City : Gold Coast, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.