Short people got no reason… to be upset?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

R-Baldwin28633
    Participant
    Do shorter people ever get upset about how short they are, or are they OK with it? Do they ever get frustrated with not being able to reach certain things, or from getting weird looks?

User Detail :  

Name : R-Baldwin28633, City : Mt. Carmel, State : TN Country : United States, 

Laurie
    Participant
    Yes, short people sometimes get upset with how short they are. Yes, they get frustrated with not being able to reach certain things. And they are frustrated with getting weird looks from people.

User Detail :  

Name : Laurie, Gender : Female, Age : 56, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, 

MG28774
    Participant
    I am 5'5' and have a close friend who is 4'6' and yes, she gets weird looks and gets a little irritated at the height of certain things (such as ATMs) but all in all she's just fine with her height. Usually it's OTHER people who seem to have the problem with it because it's unusual to see an adult woman who is the size of the average elementary school child.

User Detail :  

Name : MG28774, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Anne
    Participant
    I used to be self-consious about being short (I'm 5'2") but am just fine with it now. I don't care for people who comment on my stature or mention how difficult it must be. I am who I am, and have challenges just like everyone else. I've learned to be very resourceful and self-reliant in obtaining things, and in other areas.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : Iowa City, State : IA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    Do you remember Randy Newman's song, "Short People"? It infuriated me until I realized it was a parody. (It was a parody, wasn't it?) I'm 5'1". Pants are always too long, even petites although i was thrilled when capris came out since they were the perfect length for me. I get frustrated not being able to reaching things. AFter getting a footstool, life is easier at home. Yesterday, after parking my car after 6pm, I couldn't read the parking meter info on the rates & hours because the meter was so high. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    I used to HATE being barely 5'5" and watching my taller friends who seemed to look willowy without dieting... Until it dawned on me that none of them were willing to date any guy under 5'10". They were missing out on all the shorter guys, like my 5'8" husband, someone I probably wouldn't have looked twice at if I was a few inches taller.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

NaomiBen-Ari
    Participant
    Some people don't appreciate The charm of being small, Which is: that you appreciate The charm of being tall! -- Piet Hein Small is good in airplane seats. I am 5'2'' and solved most of reaching-the-top-shelf problems by marrying a tall husband! Naomi

User Detail :  

Name : NaomiBen-Ari, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 54, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.