Sex (or not) in elder life

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rob S.
    For people in their 70s or 80s: Does sex happen much, if at all, in your lives? I'm asking because I have got to be that age one day. Is impotence the only thing that stops you from doing it as much as you used to?

User Detail :  

Name : Rob S., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Poole, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : na, 

Jessica
    Participant
    I can't attest to the frequency of sex among older people, but I know that for women at least there are biological changes that affect sexuality. Due to lower levels of estrogen after menopause, vaginal tissues thin and become less supple - sort of like tissue paper but not as fragile. This makes sexual activity very uncomfortable. Estrogen replacement therapy can help with this problem (hopefully by the time you hit 70 or 80, it will be safer and more widely used).

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Framingham, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Amma
    Participant
    I don't know about all older people but I do know what I've heard my 91 year old great grandmother say. She says she has always loved sex. And she kept having it up until like 5 or 10 years ago. She never mentioned any problems with her own body, but she said the only reason she stopped was because her boyfriend couldn't perform anymore.

User Detail :  

Name : Amma, Gender : F, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.