Sex for the first time

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Alexandria
    Participant
    I am a 20-year-old female virgin. I feel my relationship with my boyfriend is progressing toward us having sex for the first time. My question is, why do men prefer virgins?

User Detail :  

Name : Alexandria, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Smithhaven, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Guy
    I think it has to do with possession, like wanting to buy something new when you can find it easily second-hand. The idea of novelty is also possible. Sex and love don't have to be that way, but we live in an society obsessed with the 'new' - often more with form than content. I don't know if men 'prefer' virgins. If I were to meet someone preoccupied with this, I would feel more like a 'product' than a person with feelings and desires.

User Detail :  

Name : Guy, Gender : M, City : Quebec, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Steve27597
    Participant
    'To boldly go where no man has gone before,' I suppose. Virginity represents newness and knowing there is no one else to be compared against. In addition, everyone remembers his or her first time and with whom, so there is a sense of being important in that person's life history. There is also a sense of accomplishment knowing that you were chosen to be the girl's 'first.' Some men also believe virgins have a tighter vaginal passageway and that the experience will be more pleasurable. However, all of this is greatly outweighed, in my opinion, by the emotional and physical difficulties of dealing with someone who is a virgin. Not that the opportunity presents itself much to me anymore (or ever), but I would, under no circumstances, ever want to have sex with a virgin again. I'll take experience any day.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27597, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 42, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Cubicle Kind of Guy, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Priscilla30268
    Participant
    I think men prefer virgins because it increases the sense of power involved.

User Detail :  

Name : Priscilla30268, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I don't think all men do. Some might because tradionally women have been property, and the 'virgin' property was worth more money because she wouldn't carry diseases or know if the man was a bad lover. I think you should have sex for the first time with a man who doesn't value you for your virginity, but values you as a person first. If the guy you are with prefers virgins, you may have a problem later when you aren't one any longer.

User Detail :  

Name : Cynthia Wilson, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 38, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Robert29732
    Participant
    For many men, it's a turn-off to know their partner has been with a lot of guys. (I assume a lot of women aren't overjoyed to know their lover has been with a lot of women, either.) Some men are turned on by being the first to sleep with a woman. It's an ego thing. They get a kick out of being the first to deflower a woman because it's something no other man has done. Not every guy feels this way. While I'd never kick a virgin out of bed, I prefer an experienced lover who knows how to use her body and knows bow to please a man.

User Detail :  

Name : Robert29732, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 34, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

kenny on
    I am a virgin and expect my future wife to be a virgin, too. I believe, though I'm unsure, that everyone expects their partners to be virgins. It's not that I am proud of being a virgin. It is just that I want to be 'pure' and a devoted husband for the person I really love. I think having a relationship based on responsibility is the most important thing.

User Detail :  

Name : kenny on, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 19, City : mt. vernon, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Betty
    Because they do.

User Detail :  

Name : Betty, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : Tampa Bay, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Patrick
    Participant
    To me it is the greatest honor a woman can bestow on a man. Theres only one first time, and having a woman give you her innocence is the best compliment i've ever received

User Detail :  

Name : Patrick, Gender : M, Race : Irish, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Los Altos, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sue
    Participant
    I got involved with a guy who was turned off by the fact that I was a virgin. It was a pretty emotionally painful thing to hear. He said that men want women who know what they are doing. To tell you the truth, I never found it so hard to figure out what to do. But anyway, when he said that, I felt I wasn't good enough for him because I didn't sleep around. I felt I wasn't worth his effort because I was pure. He also said he wasn't into virgins because 'women get too attached.' It turns out he slept with a girl who didn't tell him until afterward that he was taking her virginity. Needless to say, I have no involvement with that guy anymore. But it's taken me a while to get over that and feel that there is no shame in being a virgin. I still feel a bit nervous when I meet a guy and think he may turn away when he hears I'm a virgin. Ladies, do not get involved with a guy like the one I was with.

User Detail :  

Name : Sue, Gender : F, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Rochester, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Brittany19288
    Participant
    Well it's basically self-explanatory. A women who is virgin before marriage is usally a plus for a man because he knows she has no Sexual Transmitted Diseases or if shes what we call a Hoe. Most of time if you are not a virgin your man would want to know how many times you have had sex and if you've used protection. It's simply the fact that aa man/boy prefers a conservative woman that carries herself with respect. Not saying that women who are not virgins dont carry themselves with respect becuase their are women/girls who are no longer virgins and regret it because they didn't wait until marriage. But a virgin woman is a pure woman. And applaude you because you are 20 and have kept your legs closed. If I were you I would keep them closed and wait until God puts a respectable husband in your life to share your virginity that you have been saving. I;m onyl 15 but I know how males think. I have 3 older brothers and I associate with boys pretty often to know how they think and what they say about girls behind their back.

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany19288, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 15, City : Mitchellville, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : High School Student, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.