Science

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jason
    Participant
    Why do so many people reject science when it can be proven, simply on the basis of religion?

User Detail :  

Name : Jason, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 24, City : Johnson City, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ChrisD
    If I told you that the only connection you had to your loved ones was a chemical response, would you believe that there was nothing more to the love you feel for them? It is easy enough for science to prove that spiritual love does not exist. I am guessing, though, that you believe like most people that there is a deeper meaning to your relationships than just a chemical response even though you can not prove it exists. That is what it means to have faith: believing there is something more than science can prove. Besides, what science believes is true today will be disproved tomorrow. Einstein proved there were areas that Newton's Laws failed. Today physicists are experimenting to prove what is true about the realms where Einstein's theories fail. Just because it can be proven, does not

User Detail :  

Name : ChrisD, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Production Manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    but I would certainly acknowlege that the chemical component exists, even if I might not subscribe to the idea that it is the ONLY component of love. The religious won't even give that much respect to science. And I have to dispute your assertion that "It is easy enough for science to prove that spiritual love does not exist." No, it isn't. Since, by definition, 'spiritual love' is not part of the PHYSICAL world, at this time it cannot be proven nor disproven to exist.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.