‘Rocket people’ at work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Augustine23544
    Participant
    What is it with people who barrel through blind doorways and hallways with no thought whatsoever that they might collide with someone? I have come to refer to them in my mind as 'rocket people' because you can't see them coming until they're already in your face! What if they collide with someone carrying a hot beverage, pregnant, or with some sort of disability or injury who could be easily hurt? And I've heard the old retort 'shall we dance?' more often than my poor nerves can stand. What would be wrong with slowing down and realizing that other people use the traffic areas in buildings too?

User Detail :  

Name : Augustine23544, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    I walk fast because I've got business, lots of responsibilities, a limited amount of time to get the job done, and a boss who doesn't accept excuses. Most of us at work DO, you know. You "pokey joes" who have the time to leisurly stroll through the building drinking hot beverages are the REAL menace. You refuse to get out of the way and will stop just inside the doorway, blocking everybodies access. Try walking to the right and/or moving completely INTO the room.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I agree. What's worse and more dangerous are drivers who do the same. I've observed that in public parking lots and my own apartment parking lot, there are young drivers who zoom by (often talking on cell phones), not considering that small children may wander into the lots and that other safety issues are at stake. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.