Riding handicap carts in store for kicks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    What is wrong with people? What I just experienced at the grocery store infuriated me. Three women - a teenager, an elderly woman and a middle-aged women were shopping together. They checked out at self-service with the teenager riding a motorized cart for handicapped customers. After checking out, they replaced the cart, the teenager jumped off the cart and all 3 walked out of the store laughing their butts off all the way to their car, as if to say, "We sure fooled them." It was the only motorized cart there. I can understand teenage immaturity, but what about the others? I also see young associates at Walmart riding around in these carts for fun as if they're go-karts. What's wrong with these selfish people? What can managers & customers do? I am not handicapped myself, b

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    Are you sure that the teen DIDN'T have a disability? My 22-yr-old neice has an medical issue that makes it impossible for her to walk or stand for more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time. Any longer and she gets severe shooting pains in her muscles. She doesn't LOOK disabled and she CAN walk just fine, not for long and not very far but unless you knew her you wouldn't think she had an issue. Is it possible that the teen you saw might have the same disability? And the reason that the trio walked out smiling and laughing is becuase they were in a good mood and not because they were delighted at having "fooled" people? Not all disabilities or debilitations are visible.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.