Rape Changes Mind?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kory
    I am a college-aged female. I am also bisexual, though I prefer women to men. As a little background - the first male I ever dated tried to rape me, and then attempted to kill me when I fought back. It was pure luck that I survived. Do you think that experience may have affected me enough to avoid men? I am not a man-hater, but I get very frightened around most men.

User Detail :  

Name : Kory, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : College Age, City : Near Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Electrical Apprentice, 

Lucy H
    Participant
    I think your experience is definitely affecting your qualty of life in general. You would probably be bisexual regardless of your experiences, but your fear around men tells me that you have not healed emotionally from your ordeal. I would recommend you see a professional to help you deal with what has happened.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy H, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 24, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kate26617
    Participant
    I'm a lesbian whose only real sexual experience with a man was of sexual assault. I think the fact that I'm now scared around men may have something to do with my identifying as lesbian now, rather than bi. I choose not to get involved with men, but I don't think a bad experience with a man can make you be attracted to women. If I'd been straight before, I guess I'd be straight and celibate now.

User Detail :  

Name : Kate26617, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 23, City : Edinburgh, Scotland, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Andrew
    Participant
    Anyone who's viciously assaulted will naturally be wary from that point on -- particularly when, in your case, it was your first date. I'd be stunned if you WEREN'T frightened of men. That said, I'm not so sure the experience would change your sexual orientation. You may have been bixexual/lesbian, anyway. I'd suggest you get some counseling to sort this out.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Huntington, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.