Racism

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Derrike
    Participant
    have you ever been a victime of racism? how did you deal with it.

User Detail :  

Name : Derrike, Age : 17, City : westmonroe, State : NY Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I'm white and live in a very diverse community - whites, blacks, latinos, asians. Latinos and Asians have never treated me different than others; however a small, but noticeable percentage of black clerks & supervisors treat whites in a racist way - make us wait longer than black customers, behave more rudely and do other things that give the impression they're trying to pay back all whites for slavery, even though most of us have nothing to do with it. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    I live in a minority white city and have been called "white bitch", "puta", "anglo whore" and many other things by the Latino majority here.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

KiranS
    I say speak out if you can. Ignoring it perpetuates it. Try to remember a lot of racism, and any other ism for that matter, is often a result of ignorance. Take the opportunity to understand why, remain calm, and express how it made you feel.

User Detail :  

Name : KiranS, Gender : Female, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : Madison, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Professor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.