Racial Profiling

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Asia
    Participant
    I am a avid shopper of malls all over Connecticut, but I've come to notice a very questionable trend. Why is it that in EVERY single mall that contains an Abercrombie & Fitch, the employees freeze up whenever they see a black person enter the store? Is it an unofficial rule or law that black people are not allowed to shop there without being followed or unfairly targeted because of some fear of shoplifting, or are they the 'Guardians at the Gates' of 'UN-urban fashion and blacks are not welcome? Someone please enlighten me on this matter before I wig out on one of those employees!

User Detail :  

Name : Asia, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 26, City : Bridgeport, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : Self Employed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Brittany
    Participant
    This is definitely not a class situation. This is a racist issue that I have experienced on several ocassions..Whether it be my paranoi or reality it doesn't matter because I know it still extist..My friend and I walked into Victoria Secret which was located in a mall where the community is not predominately Black...Well when we walked in..we weren't greeted at all..and we walked straight to the pretty under 5/10 sale and a white woman walks over very suspet..and acts do we need help with anthing..okay thats fine ask if we need assitance..but don't pretend you are cleaning up and sneaking peeks over at us at the same time...To be honest while they are watching African Americans..we are not the ones stealing..."its the least you expect" I've worked in retail..I know

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.