Purchasing habits of Jews

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Stephen N.
    Participant
    For all of the things Jews went through over the past 50 years, why is it that so many of them purchase German products, especially cars - i.e. Mercedes or Audis or BMWs? It just does not make sense to me, and as an aside, when I was in Israel, I could not understand why all the buses were Mercedes until I inquired and found out that it was German reparations for their behavior.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephen N., Gender : M, City : Montreal, Quebec, State : NA Country : Canada, 

CC19336
    Participant
    Perhaps Jews believe that German products are superior to American (i.e. Europeans being more sophisticated). Millions of Chinese died at the hands of the Japanese during World War II, yet I can guarentee you that many Chinese people own Japanese rice cookers and cars.

User Detail :  

Name : CC19336, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 22, City : Somewhere in Canada, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

PappaJerry
    Participant
    I remember that my father would never buy a German product. For that matter, he would never buy a Ford product because Henry Ford was a notorious anti-semite. But in my opinion, and obviously in the opinion of the government of Israel, things have changed. The German government has paid reparations to the victims of the Holocaust, and to the State of Israel. It has established a true democracy and seems to uphold democratic ideals. Virtually all of those who could have been considered war criminals have already died, and the few survivors are aged, toothless wrecks. So the question arises: how long do you punish anyone for crimes committed by their parents and grandparents? At some time they have to be re-admitted to the community of decent people. It appears that enough is enough.

User Detail :  

Name : PappaJerry, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 66, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ronit
    Participant
    The Jews I've spoken to don't hold any grudges. One friend was orphaned at Auswitch, lost all his family. He now has a Christian German girlfriend. He just has let the past go and doesn't think of today's Germans as being evil or that they deserve to be punished for their grandparents' wrongs. Many Jews have no grudges against the Germans and buy German, have business relations there and travel to Germany. Many German tourists visit Israel and German - Israeli relations are very good.

User Detail :  

Name : Ronit, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 38, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Social class : Middle class, 

Alex29045
    Participant
    I think it is wrong to punish someone because of what their parents, or in this case, grandparents and great-grandparents, did. The German government has gone to a great effort to make reparations to Israel and Jews as a whole, contributing a great deal to the Israeli economy and military as well as providing an incredible amount of political support. We will never forget what the Germans did, but that is not what they DO.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex29045, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 18, City : Beloit, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

BG
    Participant
    The Japanese invaded the United States, but we buy Japanese goods because they're high quality. We eat veal because it tastes good, in spite of the fact that the calf lived a pretty pathetic existence prior to slaughter. Jews who buy BMWs care less about the ethnicity of the manufacturer than they do about the quality of the product. Only a few wealthy moral purists can afford (or desire to afford) socially-conscience purchases. The rest of us just want the most bang for our bucks.

User Detail :  

Name : BG, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 37, City : Culpeper, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Matthew
    Participant
    The Germans of the Nazi era, the adults that were responsible for that holocaust are either dead or too old to be affected by my economic choices. Germans of today, young and middle aged, have been educated against movements such as nazism. These Germans, working in their industry will be people who will profit from my purchases of German products and by products.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Age : 35, City : Newark, State : NJ Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.