Public behavior by black people

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AmyM
    Participant
    I have noticed that working-class African-Americans seem to handle public space in a different way than Caucasians do. For example, when I go shopping, African-American children are running around and adults talk to each other in loud voices. In addition, the adults seem not to be concerned about letting people pass them or about leaving their carts in the middle of an aisle. I've also noticed that people in this group seem not to know the convention of passing on the right. Can someone help to explain these phenomena?

User Detail :  

Name : AmyM, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AmberW
    Participant
    It is because ALL Blacks have the "bad behavior" gene...didnt you know? It is impossible for people of other races to exhibit this kind of behavior...that is why you ONLY see it in Black people. The gene is expressed on the same chromosome that makes ALL of us LOVE fried chicken and watermelon. You gotta keep up with your science!

User Detail :  

Name : AmberW, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

N.
    Participant
    Not so much a phenomena considering that all black people do not fall into this category. Sorry that you tend to experience my kin folk acting this way in public.It seems that when I am out and shopping, the white children are throwing tantrums and screaming at their parents. I can't explain the ignorance factor that some of the black americans tend to dipict when you are around. Loudness hey that's just what it is, but not all. fnd

User Detail :  

Name : N., Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : long beach, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : educator, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.