Polygamous Arrangements

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Christie32037
    Participant
    When a Mormon has two wives, do they share one bed, or do they have separate rooms?
    Original Code RE139. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Christie32037, Gender : F, Age : 33, City : Waco, State : TX Country : United States, 

April
    Participant
    Actually, Mormons stopped practicing polygamy a very long time ago. So the answer to you question would be neither. However, there are two types of "Mormons" - the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (which I represent) and the Re-Organized Church, and I think that the Re-Organized Church still might believe in it, I'm not quite sure.

User Detail :  

Name : April, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mormon, Age : 18, City : Parker, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Mort
    Participant
    In the case of Brigham Young, he kept various wives/families in separate houses, or, as in Beehive House in Salt Lake City, separate suites, and sometimes in different parts of the state. I do not know the arrangements for contemporary families such as the Kings in current news, except that news accounts have the male visiting the females in different beds.

User Detail :  

Name : Mort, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Science of Mind, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
    If you had two girlfriends(or boyfriends), would you take them on a date together? If you were sleeping with several partners would you all share the same bed?(that question is not for those who enjoy 'menages' ,however you spell it? lol)! It sounds like you are baseing your question on the assumption that Plural Marriage is for sexual reasons ONLY! And that is not true for the 'Mormons' who practice plural marriage (no matter what the media, or Shurtleff(utah attorney general) may say!

User Detail :  

Name : Practice What I Preach!, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : In A Secret Place! -LOL, State : UT Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

StacieP.
    Participant
    There is a common misconception that those who practice polygamy are from the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-day Saints (Mormon or LDS). But the LDS religion has not practiced this since Utah became a state and when they did the women had separate houses or at least rooms. It was mostly for protection because many men were killed and women were left to fend for themselves and their children. As far as I know the RLDS (who have changed their name to Community of Christ) do not practice polygamy. The FLDS (Fundamentalist LDS) group is the well-known (Warren Jeffs run) sect that does practice polygamy and it has been reported that (like the past) the women did not share a bed.

User Detail :  

Name : StacieP., Gender : Female, Age : 28, City : Taylorsvile, State : UT Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.