Political Correctness run amok?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Some years ago, my mother managed a Planned Parenthood clinic in Milwaukee. a few months after she became manager, she inherited a black nurse's aid, along with the aid's inch-thick disciplinary file. (Everyone was afraid to fire her, so she just kept getting passed from clinic to clinic).

She was a very bad employee, and in her seven months at my mother's clinic, an additional 1/2 inch was added to her disciplinary file, a result of both internal issues and patient complaints. My mother ultimately fired her (per Planned Parenthood's written policy) when she was caught on video tape stealing money out of other employee's purses in the locker room. About two weeks after she was fired, she came back with a lawyer and announced she was sueing Planned Parenthood and my mother for 'harassment and racial discrimination.' Rather than risk losing, PP settled out of court for a six-figure sum.

In the last several years, I've seen this sort of thing happening more and more frequently, so my question is this: is it even possible to fire an incompetent/ dishonest/ criminal minority employee any more?

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.