Over-population

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eric F.
    Participant
    Why do people continue to have children and then complain about lack of resources and congestion and stress?

User Detail :  

Name : Eric F., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : West Jordan, State : UT Country : United States, Occupation : Loan Officer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Christopher-D32100
    Participant
    It has much to do with playing around without the intent of consequences. So, the question should be "Why not use birth control?"

User Detail :  

Name : Christopher-D32100, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Arlington, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Miriam20488
    Participant
    I think it's because many people think of having children as a 'right' rather than a responsibility. I postponed having kids until I was married and then we worked hard until we were financially stable enough to be able to afford a stay-at-home mom, private schools, summer camps, proper clothing, etc. But I remember a couple of years ago a woman on welfare with several children made headlines when in New York she told mayor Guiliani, 'It's my job to make kids and your job to provide for them.' I really get angry when I hear young welfare moms with no future saying, 'But I love my kids.' I LOVED MY KIDS ENOUGH TO NOT HAVE THEM UNTIL I COULD TAKE CARE OF THEM PROPERLY, and I wish others would follow suit.

User Detail :  

Name : Miriam20488, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 39, City : San Juan Capistrano, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : stay-at-home mom, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Baby J
    Participant
    Okay, yeah, I have been thinking about this subject A LOT....The only answer to yer question that I could really come up with was that greed and selfishness are polluting our nation. I haven't been this world too long, but I have seen young children abandoned, playing out where it is dangerous, with nobody to care for them, since nobody wants to care for them. Some people have families of eight or nine children or more, simply cuz they were brought up in a large family, or as a result of their religion. What these people do not realize is that this is hurting both their personal budget AND the welfare of the children. This can, in my opinion, only be deescribed as selfishness....A couple who has decided to have sex and never use protection. It makes me sick to see children who lack the attention they need, and it makes me even sicker to see selfish adults attempting to raise them.

User Detail :  

Name : Baby J, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 14, City : Liverpool, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Floyd
    stupidity and no condom maybe?

User Detail :  

Name : Floyd, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 24, City : Sterling Heights, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Sys Admin, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.