Once you go there, can’t go back?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

J.B.
    I've always been your basic straight woman, although I've had sexual fantasies about other women. Not emotional, just sexual. Earlier this year I had my first sexual and emotional encounter with a woman. I was falling in love with her. She left me last week to return to her ex. I would like to go back to dating men, but right now I'm consumed with all things lesbian. I think of lesbianism more than I think of heterosexuality, but I think I'm obsessed with this. Why do I find myself searching for another woman to replace the one I had? Can someone like me go back to heterosexuality and live the way I did before my lesbian relationship?

User Detail :  

Name : J.B., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Paralegal, 

Sherman
    Participant
    It sounds to me like you're bisexual and are curious about the your lesbian side because you are just now discovering it. Why not try to look for a good person to replace the one who left you, instead of thinking that it must be a man or woman? It seems to me that you are able to connect emotionally and physically with either gender, so why limit yourself?

User Detail :  

Name : Sherman, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 34, City : Richmond, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Contractor, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Keren
    Participant
    It does sound like you're bisexual. If you have the capacity to fall in love with another woman, why should you consider yourself heterosexual? There's a stage for almost every person who discovers that s/he is gay or bisexual where that part of the person's identity becomes the most important. It's normal, and it's temporary. After a while, I'm sure things will be back to normal again -- even if it's not exactly the way they were before.

User Detail :  

Name : Keren, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, City : Albany, State : NY Country : United States, 

Kesha26494
    Participant
    Lesbianism isn't based on sex, it's just a preference on who you want to be with. Being bisexual, I understand where you're coming from, though. I don't think the obsession was with being with a woman, I think it's how she treated you. Men treat women much differently than women treat women. How? We're more sensitive, we communicate our feelings more and we're more touchy-feely. Which is why I love women. And I wouldn't call what you did a lesbian relationship, it was just two people exploring their sexuality with each other. So consider yourself bisexual if you still have those feelings for women as well as men. And don't listen to other people who tell you bisexuals are just confused. I hate that. We just love the best of both worlds. You can't just turn it off like a light switch. Welcome to the club.

User Detail :  

Name : Kesha26494, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Computers, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Daniel J.
    Participant
    I've been through thinking I was straight, then 'realising'I was gay, then thinking I was 50/50 Bi, then 60/40, then straight again etc. From what has happened to me and friends etc I think it can change over time. I don't know if it's biological, but I suspect it's just psychological, the same way you can go through patterns of asking the same type of people out etc. Certainly it is easy to get caught up in the glamour (or whatever) of the gay scene. Everyone I've met has different views on this stuff, but for myself I know that I'm now happily married to a woman and, if anyone ever asked, I'd say I was bi. I think the great thing about bisexuality is that you don't have to identify yourself within the term - you can just go with the flow of how you feel at the time. Hope this helps

User Detail :  

Name : Daniel J., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Publlic Servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Matt
    Participant
    You can do whatever you want. I know im only 14 and you may not care what i have to say but its all about you. Do you want to be with a women or do you want to be with a man. Nobody should make fun of you for wanting something or someone. Its your chioce to do what you want. What ever one makes you happier is the one you should go with.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 14, City : Schenectady, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sophia
    Participant
    well... i believe that you are just discovering you're bisexual side like response 1 stated... im only 14... not bisexual... but think that it is ur choice to like whoeva you want! Im sure there are people like you in kentucky that wounldnt mind dating u... u just have to find the right one! there are some people that u could prolly date and u mite not e able to tell them of your intergender love affairs... i thik it would be okay to hide them for a while until u trust that person enough and believe that u have something 'special' with them. other wise why should you tell them its none of their business.

User Detail :  

Name : Sophia, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 14, City : louisville, State : KY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lori-R
    Participant
    I just now read this, and all I can honestly say is that some women can make other women fall in love with them... but, look, it's in the character. I know that you are all excited about lesbianism now and I think thats great. Just follow the path that makes you happy.

User Detail :  

Name : Lori-R, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Open minded, Race : white/indian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 19, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Terance
    Participant
    I agree with the other responses youve received. You have the best of both worlds. Enjoy them both! This doesnt meant go and be a ho'. However, being bisexual doubles your chances of finding love. Although many would disagree, some may call it a blessing.

User Detail :  

Name : Terance, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Police Officer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

jon27107
    Participant
    i would like to know something. I knew a kid once who was talking like a guy walking like a guy, and all the jazz, then when he came out of the cloest immediately he started to talk walk and dress gay, i mean are those things suppressed until you come out or is it a switch that just turns on? im not a homophobic or a gay basher at all, i was just wondering what the deal is.

User Detail :  

Name : jon27107, City : warrinton, State : PA Country : United States, 

Michael
    Participant
    You need to control your sexuality, do not let it control you. Homosexuality is by choice, you can fall prey to its allure. As with anything that is taboo it is sometimes very curious to us ie. satanism etc.. these things we may find interesting but that does not make them right. you know in your heart what is right and wrong. there is nothing good that can come of a gay relationship.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 35, City : denver, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Marine service, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.