Native Americans and Thanksgiving

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John S.
    Participant
    Considering the injustices wrought upon Native Americans by European settlers and their descendants, how do Native Americans today feel about Thanksgiving?

User Detail :  

Name : John S., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : 75% white, 25% Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 24, City : Lake Charles, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Trina
    It's just a day to be thankful for the harvest at the end of the season. I have no resentment or negative feelings about the holiday.

User Detail :  

Name : Trina, Gender : Female, Age : 22, City : Dayon, State : OH Country : United States, 

HeatherB
    Hello, I am part Native American and it is a large part of my life. I go to Pow Wows every year and I have a full blown American Indian Uncle straight from the rez. We all have thanksgiving dinner and the converstaions usually vary from college to some talk about what was really eaten on the first day of the actual dinner with the pilgrims. There is some anger towards the past but for the most part we just like to eat pie and frie bread.

User Detail :  

Name : HeatherB, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : American Indian, Age : 20, City : clarkssummit, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Working with higher functioning mentally challenge, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.