NO FEAR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Lion
    I have noticed the words "NO FEAR" on caps, shirts, bumper stickers and car window decals. I also received an e-mail stating that the phrase "NO FEAR" is the National Organization For a European American Race. The e-mail also stated that this group was supported and backed by former KKK member David Duke. Could someone shed some light on this for me?

User Detail :  

Name : Lion, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 30, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Lucy22405
    Participant
    I haven't heard that one, but it sounds like an urban legend to me. Be VERY skeptical of any emails you receive with content like that. Try www.urbanlegends.com if you are curious.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22405, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Cheryl32333
    Participant
    The NO FEAR logo is a name brand, which I first saw on adventure sports gear. It was meant to conjure images of an intrepid adrenaline junkie racing through some thrilling, awe-inspiring personal athletic challenge ... with no fear. Wear the gear, become fearless. Not for couch potatoes. I have seen the logo a lot lately as decals on muscle cars. Same idea: bravado. That someone would ascribe such a sick and twisted acronym to this merchandise is weird.

User Detail :  

Name : Cheryl32333, Gender : F, City : New Haven, State : CT Country : United States, 

Iteki
    Participant
    NOFEAR (National Organization for European-American Rights) is, in fact, a white supremacist group run by David Duke. However, No Fear (in slightly graffitti-ish text) is a clothing and sportswear company. The No Fear brand is very popular, with shirts, bags, stickers, caps, etc. available with inspiring 'go for it' messages. More information can be found urban legend web site Snopes at http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nofear.htm

User Detail :  

Name : Iteki, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Recovering Catholic, Age : 24, City : Stockholm (Via Dublin), State : NA Country : Sweden, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Me21880
    Participant
    The two are unrelated. However, the clothing company was attempting to stop N.O.F.E.A.R. because of the confusion.

User Detail :  

Name : Me21880, Gender : M, City : San Francisco Bay area, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

ACC25061
    Participant
    The organization is for real. Duke deliberately chose the name to try and take advantage of the clothing brand's name. The company has nothing to do with Duke at all, though. In fact, they have a lawsuit against Duke's group for product name infringement (right term?) and trying to libel their company name.

User Detail :  

Name : ACC25061, Gender : M, City : W. Lafayette, State : IN Country : United States, 

Marc22349
    Participant
    No Fear is a clothing company that has been around for almost a decade. I'm 25, and when I was in high school, all the 'jocks' wore their stuff, had the stickers, etc. I guess anyone could claim it means whatever they want, but it's just a clothing line. This is the same thing that happened in the '70s, when KISS was a popular band. All the parents got scared because KISS supposedly stood for 'Knights In Satan's Service.' Someone just got really bored one day and started a chain e-mail about No Fear.

User Detail :  

Name : Marc22349, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Morgantown, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : Grad Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jasmine
    Participant
    It seems that white people are afraid of black people. For example, white women clutching their purses at the sight of a black man. Or locking car doors when a black person crosses the street. It flatters me that white people think enough of blacks to feel they have to make up a slogan to prove they are not afraid of us.

User Detail :  

Name : Jasmine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Relationss, Education level : Technical School, 

Kim-Smith-Stout
    Participant
    For information about the differences between the retailer 'No Fear' and the racist Nat'l Organization for European American Rights, you might try looking at the following URL: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nofear.htm Hope this helps.

User Detail :  

Name : Kim-Smith-Stout, City : Tempe, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Rich30054
    Participant
    This is a bit of urban-legend grade propoganda spread by misinformed individuals. It has been debunked in several sources, including the Urban Legends Reference Pages. The story can be found at http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nofear.htm. No Fear is an athletic clothing company and has NO connection with the other group. Now if members of NOFEAR wear their clothes, that is a different issue, but that cannot be assumed.

User Detail :  

Name : Rich30054, Gender : M, Age : 22, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Miranda
    Participant
    'NO FEAR' is a brand of casual sportswear; T-shirts, baseball caps and the like. You can't believe every e-mail that people send out with such 'facts'. CNN or some major news outlet would be on David Duke like white on rice if he actually led such a group, if only because they have broadcast hours to fill.

User Detail :  

Name : Miranda, Gender : F, Age : 31, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Andy-Baseman
    Participant
    Fortunately, the clothing label No Fear Inc. , is completely unrelated to N.O.F.E.A.R., the National Organization For European American Rights. No Fear Inc. is upset over the confusion and has sued David Duke's N.O.F.E.A.R. Visit this site for more information: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nofear.htm

User Detail :  

Name : Andy-Baseman, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : Sharon, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Middle class, 

Denise
    Participant
    I received an email stating the same thing and since I own several articles of NO FEAR clothing - I decided to check into it. Have a look at this web site www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nofear.htm It clears up the confusion.

User Detail :  

Name : Denise, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : London, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Mandi
    Participant
    There is and has been for some time a clothing label called 'NO FEAR' that targets the young urban and suburban market. The clothes and accessories can be purchased at most major depatment stores. About 2 or 3 years ago, David Duke, a former KKK member from Louisiana who once had political aspirations, incorporated his own white supremacy group called National Organization for European American Rights. He claims it's just a coincidence that the initials spell out 'no fear.' But no one believed that, especially not the clothing label of said name. It sued David Duke and his group for trademark infringement, and won, sending Duke once again with his tail between his legs to his cave to lick his wounds.

User Detail :  

Name : Mandi, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 21, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Michael20709
    Participant
    The e-mail you reference is wrong. To quote from an Urban Legends database: 'The retailer whose logo is now being confused with that of a white supremacist group, No Fear Inc., is a California-based manufacturer of young men's activewear and gear that has been in business since 1989. It currently employs 150 people, and its products are sold at outlets around the world.' It has nothing to do with the group started by David Duke. In fact, the company probably has good grounds for a trademark and copyright infringement lawsuit -- and they could do us all a favor and bankrupt another hate group. For more information, check out this link: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nofear.htm.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20709, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 39, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : E-Business Manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.