Morality issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

S. Robertson
    Participant
    If a spouse in a married relationship suffers a malady that renders him or her totally incapacitated, like a quadriplegic, is it permissible for the partner to seek companionship from another member of the opposite sex that they can no longer get at home -- as long as the relationship does not interfere with the marriage and it is kept a secret? To this, my response would be that it is not up to others to judge a relationship or the actions of the partners in it. We each are on our own one-way journey through life and must make our own decisions on moral issues and we must be willing to accept the consequences for our actions on our own.

User Detail :  

Name : S. Robertson, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Mara
    Participant
    Companionship implies an ongoing, long-term, one-on-one relationship. I would think that the incapacitated spouse might find that hurtful. And hiding such a relationship from them would hurt even worse. But if by 'companionship' you mean 'sexual relief', I should think that most people would find the occasional prostitute or one night stand easier to accept than they would their mate building an intimate relationship with a possible replacement. But whatever arrangement the couple decides on for themselves is THEIR business and no one elses.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    We pick what we consider moral and then live by it. Right? If the two people are comfortable morally about this agreement, how can it be amoral? Nothing we do is moral to 100% of the world's population.

User Detail :  

Name : GuyGuyerson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 45, City : boise, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : self employed construction, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.