Men reading on the toilet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

KellyS.
    Why do men seem to enjoy reading while on the toilet, but women do not.. at least none of the women I know do, but their (male) partners do.

User Detail :  

Name : KellyS., Gender : female, City : Melbourne, State : n/ Country : Australia, 

SD
    I think that men were raised to think bodily functions were kind of funny and women were raised to think of bodily functions as something to hurry up and get through. Forgive the stereotype, but most men find farting pretty hilarious, while most women would rather set their hair on fire than fart in front of someone. So I guess for men, spending quality time pooping on the toilet with their favorite magazine is no big deal. I'm sure they wonder why we spend so much time putting on makeup and doing our hair.

User Detail :  

Name : SD, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 38, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Executive, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I'm a middle aged female & often read on the toilet. I keep a stash of magazines, catalogs, Dilbert books, etc. there. My dad often read on the toilet for long periods of time because, I suspect, it was the only place where he was undisturbed or hassled by my mother.

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

norbertneuman
    Participant
    I have an endless thirst for knowlege, so of course I like to read in general. The bathroom is just a good place to read anyway, and you might as well enjoy your time in the loo.

User Detail :  

Name : norbertneuman, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : mahtomedi, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    That if you have time to read on the toilet, there's something wrong with your diet. Try some fiber.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

RachelHall
    Ha Ha ha, this is so funny. I am married and my husband will read. He says it is so he can catch up on whats happening without being rushed from everything else in the day. To be honest I have caught myself reading my Self mags every now and then as well. I think it is just something to do when you are "stuck" for more than a 30 second time frame in one place. Hope this helps Rachel Hall

User Detail :  

Name : RachelHall, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Omelio
    Participant
    Privacy is the only real reason. and for whatever reason you are less likely to be bothered in the bathroom then in your bedroom or other areas of the house. why women don't take advantage more often i don't know. i think they are socialized to feel more responsibility to be "doing" something.

User Detail :  

Name : Omelio, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Theist, Age : 24, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Draftman, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

GT
    It's the only place to get some peace and quiet away from the wife!

User Detail :  

Name : GT, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : cannot clear this option, Race : Black/African American, Religion : non religious, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Fossihundt
    Participant
    When I was growing up my father, ahem, kept Reading Material in the bathroom. Of course I grew up doing the same even tho I am female. Now that I have reached Old Fartdom, where my time on the Throne is best expressed thru Baseball Inning time, my answer is that it's not only men who do this. I have an extensive bathroom library. Folks can acquire a decent education by spending time in my rest (reading) room.

User Detail :  

Name : Fossihundt, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Native American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 54, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Science background, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.