Marrying a hermaphrodite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

George21668
    Participant
    Keeping in mind the purpose of male/female unions, can hermaphrodites (people with both reproductive organs) bear children? If so, is it a sin for a Christian male to marry one?

User Detail :  

Name : George21668, Gender : M, City : Norfolk, State : VA Country : United States, 

WA
    Participant
    George, might you not say that closeness and tenderness is every bit as important as reproduction in a male-female union? I can't presume to tell you what the Creator of the universe thinks of such marriage plans, but I think it would be loving and generous for a person to commit their life to someone who might cause revulsion in a more superficial man. Intersex people ('hermaphrodite' is the old-fashioned word), whether or not they can have children, can surely be great companions. Are you worried that your intersex friend (if you have such a friend) feels like a woman now but will decide to feel like a man someday, thus making the both of you homosexual? I don't suppose that people switch their gender identities at the drop of a hat like that - but you could discuss such concerns with your friend (if any).

User Detail :  

Name : WA, Gender : F, Age : 19, City : Geneseo, State : NY Country : United States, 

Jessica30652
    Participant
    Hermaphrodites from my understanding are always infertile. I would imagine that in most cases surgery is performed when the abnormality is discovered to "make" the individual decidedly male (or perhaps female). I also believe most hermaphrodites are genetically males, but I am not sure of that.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica30652, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Spokane, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : College student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Trey-L
    Participant
    If you love them, God will understand.

User Detail :  

Name : Trey-L, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : Bangor, State : ME Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

WA24353
    Participant
    George, might you not say that closeness and tenderness is every bit as important as reproduction in a male-female union? I can't presume to tell you what the Creator of the universe thinks of your marriage plans, but I think it would be loving and generous to commit your life to someone who might cause revulsion in a more superficial man. Intersex people ('hermaphrodite' is the old-fashioned word), whether or not they can have children, can surely be great companions. Are you worried that your intersex friend (if you have such a friend) feels like a woman now but will decide to feel like a man someday, thus making the both of you homosexual? I don't suppose that people switch their gender identities at the drop of a hat like that - but you could discuss such concerns with your friend (if any).

User Detail :  

Name : WA24353, Gender : F, Age : 19, City : Geneseo, State : NY Country : United States, 

Ed-M25547
    Participant
    What type of chromosomes does the person in question have? Unless I'm mistaken, there are only two possible chromosomal combinations that determine sex: XX (female) or XY (male). Ultimately, I guess that's the only way of determining from an objective standpoint.

User Detail :  

Name : Ed-M25547, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 29, City : Goshen, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Content Developer, Social class : Middle class, 

Jack
    XX and XY are not the only combinations, sometimes people are born with a genetic defect in which they wind up with XXX, XYY, or XXY. Each has its own effects, I -don't think- hermaphrodites have this. I think what happens with hermaphrodites is they are genetically either male or female, but they are introduced to the opposite hormone early in embryonic/fetal development.

User Detail :  

Name : Jack, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Oshkosh, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.