Manly lesbians, effeminate gays

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

KarissaD.
    Why do some lesbians act more manly, and some homosexual men act feminine when they are interested in the same sex?

User Detail :  

Name : KarissaD., City : Elizabethton, State : TN Country : United States, 

KaraH
    for the same reason that some men are football players and some are English Professors. Kara H

User Detail :  

Name : KaraH, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 51, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

BenClerk
    Participant
    they don't do it because they are gay or lesbian. People act like who they are, you'd be surprised how many grunting football players are gay and how many just "regular" girls are lesbian. those are just the way that gays and lesbians are stereotyped. Life is in knowledge.

User Detail :  

Name : BenClerk, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : mixed, Age : 15, City : Waldron, State : AR Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

LiliS.
    You only notice the manly lesbians and effeminate men. I would bet there are many lesbians and gays you are around all the time and you never notice because they don't "separate from the pack". My partner and I are both very feminine lesbians and people are often shocked when they find out we are together. Lili, white, bisexual

User Detail :  

Name : LiliS., Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 27, City : M-F, State : OR Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Librarian, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

norbertneuman
    Participant
    I am an über-gay man and I am very manly. I swing a sledgehammer for fun and have a thick beard.

User Detail :  

Name : norbertneuman, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : mahtomedi, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

ErinJ
    Participant
    There is a difference between sexual attraction and gender identity. In our society, it is thought that one can be ONLY male or ONLY female. As we learn more and more about gender identity and intersex people, we're learning that this is not so. A female who acts "manly" or a male who acts "womanly" is simply expressing their gender identity as they see fit.

User Detail :  

Name : ErinJ, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 18, City : Skokie, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    It could be the reason you don't use the same tone of voice when leading a business meeting as you use chatting up a guy at a bar. It's called flirting.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Omelio
    Participant
    i think acting is a problem word. Most homosexuals aren't acting in any kind of way. if anything people who feel the need to act are usually those who want to act more "appropriate" not the ones who don't fit the mold.

User Detail :  

Name : Omelio, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Theist, Age : 24, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Draftman, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

BenW
    Participant
    Science explains this fairly well, even if full understanding of it has not come to light as yet. All babies start life as a female, which is why men have nipples. And the easiest and clearest way to explain thy I can think of is that say it takes 10 units of testosterone (the male sex hormone) to develop the foetus into a male child. If testosterone production in the womb is not I these levels you can find that a baby is born with a male body but a female brain or vice versa. Of course it is. It really quite that black and white. Not all gay men are equally effeminate for example. But in summary it's down to fluctuations in the production of certain sex and development hormones during gestation which suggests being gay or lesbian is perfectly natural. Interestingly, for reasons I dot believe have yet been established, female siblings of gay men tend to be more fertile.

User Detail :  

Name : BenW, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Stand up Comedian, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.