Mandatory Military service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tony28930
    Participant
    How can I argue against mandatory military service?

User Detail :  

Name : Tony28930, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Hudson, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : landscaper, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Call it "gender discrimination" unless it is universal, and not just for males. You link those two words, and people's knees start jerking. BadKarma!

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Anita
    Participant
    I would think the most important point is that, if someone doesn't want to be there and is drafted, they pose more of a threat to the safety of him/herself and others. It seems like being in the military is just as much mental as it is physical, and they need people there for the right reasons. (watch MASH on TV and note Corporal Klinger! LOL!) This is NOT to say that drafted soldiers cannot make amazing soldiers, as we have seen in the past (Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, VietNam) ... however, I maintain that it is, on the whole, a lot better to be counting on someone that made the decision to be there!

User Detail :  

Name : Anita, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 49, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

UweMueller
    You already have. At 18 you don't have a high school diploma. That makes you a tragic underachiever that is not fit to be in the military. I hope my cruel words motivated you to get an education. That is the only way to success. Best of luck.

User Detail :  

Name : UweMueller, Gender : Male, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, City : Fairfield, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : RN, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.