Madonna’s style in the ’80s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Louise
    Participant
    This may seem like an odd question but I really thought I could get the answer on Y? Forum: I recently watched Desperately Seeking Susan with Madonna, and I really aspire to be like her. Could anyone tell me what 'group' she might have been categorized in (her character, anyway), as I really love this '80s style and want to know what she was in terms of stereotypical-ness.

User Detail :  

Name : Louise, Gender : F, Age : 16, City : Seaward, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Me
    Participant
    I think she was like a New York pop, tough chick.

User Detail :  

Name : Me, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Vancouver, British Columbia, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Matthew
    Participant
    Like all Hollywood representations of 'street' style it was hopelessly out of touch and basically a middle-aged man's idea of what a street-smart teenage female was like. However this being Madonna it ended up being popular as a consequence! Honestly, I would advise you not to emulate that style slavishly. Especially here in England, if you look like you are emulating a particular person's style of a particular year, you will be laughed at! Try to figure out what it is about it you like and maybe adapt it to you and to now if you see what I mean.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Race : English/French, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.