Looking for deaf student athletes!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kay
    I am a graduate student doing research on deaf college student athletes, with emphasis on being deaf. I have a few questions that can be answered anonymously if you want. I am learning ASL right now and am very intrigued by the deaf culture. Please respond if you can offer insight or places to find more information.

User Detail :  

Name : Kay, Gender : F, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Bowling Green, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Graduate Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mira S.
    Participant
    Please let me know your findings. I'm thinking of teaching yoga to the deaf.

User Detail :  

Name : Mira S., Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 31, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : artist/yoga tecaher, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Andrew J.
    Participant
    I am partially deaf, I wear hearing aids. I played football in High School for two years. I did not have too many difficulties, due to my lip-reading skills, and my partial hearing. If you have any questions... reply and it will be sent to my e-mail.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew J., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Hearing Loss, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : IT, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Christy
    Participant
    While I am not D/deaf, I am very much involved with D/deaf people here in Jacksonville. If you think of specific questions, you are more than welcome to e-mail me (ImaDrunkeWench@aol.com) and I'll try my best to answer your question or put you in contact with a D/deaf person who can answer your question.

User Detail :  

Name : Christy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : american, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : starving college student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Ashley
    Participant
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Ashley.
    Contact the Gallaudet University, NTID... these are 'the' schools for the Deaf. I'm no athlete, the most I do is excerise my eyeballs with my books...

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Deaf, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : St. Augustine, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.