Looking for an approach

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Andy
    Participant
    What are some good ways to approach women you don't know without offending them or seeming like a predator? I would prefer it if only women respond to this. After 33 years of life experience I realize that most men think they know everything about women. In reality, we know very close to nothing about them.

User Detail :  

Name : Andy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 33, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

jonna mattingly
    Participant
    No one has responsed to your query. So, I will. I think women are too used to the guy who is trying to 'hit' on them. Our society objectifies us all the time and men do too. If your intentions are not all libidinous and geniune curiousity is part of your motivation - it will be conveyed in some subtle way that we we all use to communicate.

User Detail :  

Name : jonna mattingly, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 36, City : new york, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : self employed, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

dori
    Participant
    Especially in the American culture, we have been socialized that there is a great gap between women and men. Of course, due to socializing there is, however, remember, women are human. Try to forget all your previous programing and look for a woman that appeals to your humanity. Although this sounds very polyanna, the mars/venus mentality about the battle between the sexes is just a myth. There are women who play games but there are so many more that don't, choose one that doesn't and talk TO her.

User Detail :  

Name : dori, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 39, City : washington Dc, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Dianne
    Participant
    Well...I'm no expert on the subject Andy, but I would simply suggest to be yourself. Don't exert any overt suggestive talk or actions.....Let your mind go of any sexual thoughts. I know that may be hard, but keep it simple. If the chemistry is there, the woman will be the one to let you know..trust me....it works...

User Detail :  

Name : Dianne, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Columbia, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : administration, 

Shelley27960
    Participant
    OK Andy, there is no easy answer here. I have probably been approached a gazillion times, so I can only tell you what works with me. Make sure your approach is in context with the situation (ask to dance at a dance club, ask about their beer recommendation at a microbrewery, ask about some unusual vegetable at the supermarket, a particular author at a bookstore, etc.) SMILE! (the strong/silent type can be scary if you don't know them) Be confident, but at the same time vulnerable - that is kind of tough, but women like to be needed AND protected. If you can ask for help, this is good. Good luck to you!

User Detail :  

Name : Shelley27960, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 37, City : San Antonio, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Programmer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    This is an individual thing, so many woman will have very different views on the subject. My view is that I would like a man to act and talk like he really wants to get to know me and that he's interested in me. If I get the feeling that he finds me attractive that would be nice too. If I get the feeling that a man wants to 'catch' me like I'm a prize trout I find that sleezy and a turn off. I think it depends what each individual man and woman is truly after. If a man is after a casual encounter I think it usually shows, you get that 'vibe'. If the woman he approaches wants more than that, or if she wants to feel more special than a casual ****, she'll be turned off. If you really like the woman, want to see her more, try telling her how you feel, I think that's quite a turn on. But don't forget, the person your approaching has the right to say no, and there is always the possibility that they will.

User Detail :  

Name : Trust no manager, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Wellington, State : NA Country : New Zealand, Occupation : Librarian, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lynn T.
    Participant
    Two very simple rules that men I meet must satisfy are: 1) Don't treat women like meat. 2) Don't make women into goddesses. Some women might like chivalry after a few weeks, but when meeting someone it's scary to have them tell you they've been dreaming about your perfect eyes and such. What bothers me personally is when a guy tries too hard in the first ten minutes to act like a lover and ignores the importance of friendship. The stereotype that women love to talk seems true to me -- the hard part is figuring out what someone wants to talk about!

User Detail :  

Name : Lynn T., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jennifer31071
    Participant
    I find it creepy if someone asks me out before we've had a chance to chat for at least a few minutes. That includes asking if I have a boyfriend. If we haven't spoken, I've got good reason to think he's only interested in my appearance. Starting a conversation by making casual comments about the immediate situation is usually successful, and should give you some idea whether she's inclined to talk to you. 'Man, is that bus ever gonna get here?' 'It's sure quiet in here for a Friday night,' etc. If she continues to respond in monosyllables after two or three tries, and avoids eye contact, leave her alone. Things to avoid: 1. Looking at her breasts rather than making eye contact 2. Standing/sitting too close to her. Be aware that people have different comfort zones for personal space.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer31071, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Editor, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Anne23858
    Participant
    Because your demographics indicate our are Jewish, as I am, then I am going to take a big leap and assume you are searching for a Jewish woman. To that I say, go to Jewish Singles. There the agenda is obvious. Everyone is there to meet someone. The thing that always worked for me was to walk straight up to someone, say excuse me, but I told myself I wouldn't go home tonight until I introduced myself to three new people. You are number One, two or three. That broke the ice. It worked for me.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne23858, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 39, City : North, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Health Administrator, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.