Litter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Aimee
    Participant
    Why do people who come from poverty-stricken backgrounds litter? The area I live in is neat and free of litter. I want to keep the space around me clean and beautiful, why don't other people? This is directly related to class as I see it since the townships and surrounding areas are always dirty whilst suburbs don't have litter lying around.

User Detail :  

Name : Aimee, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Cape Town, State : NA Country : South Africa, Occupation : IT, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KC
    Participant
    Sorry, this doesn't answer to your question, but recently on the news they were talking about organizing people to clean up certain high-crime intersections, and basically saying that just cleaning an area reduces the crime- like criminals are attracted to filth. Evidently this actually works.

User Detail :  

Name : KC, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 29, City : AUSTIN, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Mara
    Participant
    we're affluent enough to pay people to drive the street sweepers around and pick up garbage at the parks. Not to mention the scofflaws doing community service on the side of the highways. Maybe impoverished areas don't have the resources to spend cleaning up after everyone, like wealthier places do.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Street sweepers are ubiquitous, regardless of the income of the neighborhood. Taxpayers pay for them. Our problem is the mass exodus into the city of people who formerly lived in foreign shanty towns. They must be broken of the habit of just tossing their garbage, including toxins and dead animals, into the alleys. The city simply can't keep up with the trash.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.