Kramer a racist?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Rick20814
    Participant
    Should I stop watching Seinfeld re-runs because of Michael Richards' recent racist rant at a comedy club?

User Detail :  

Name : Rick20814, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KMW
    I stopped watching it. He's a racist.

User Detail :  

Name : KMW, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Peter
    Participant
    Yes, Michael Richards is a racist and his stupid attempts to right his wrong only hurts him even more because his hidden prejudices toward blacks was exposed in such a public way. Seriously, when the guys were being disruptive, did he have to call them niggers? Why couldn't he insult them in other ways by pointing out their stupidity, not spew hateful remarks using the historically derogatory word meaning to insult blacks in America. Because the ignorant 'nigger' mindset was manifested in his actions, he called them out on it, which is why it came out so easily. He then regretted it because of his career and the later repercussions, but since his blatant racism rolled out of his tongue so easily, he obviously views blacks in a stereotypical manner.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sherry20831
    Participant
    The decision to stop watching Seinfeld re-runs is ultimately yours. However, I have never watched a single episode of Seinfeld, and Michael Richards' racial rant simply reaffirms the choice I made years ago.

User Detail :  

Name : Sherry20831, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 25, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Nurse, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I never watched it in the first place...

User Detail :  

Name : Jalissa-and-Charles, Age : 18, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

FreedaBee
    I don't think you should stop watching Seinfeld because of Michael Richards. I think it's appropriate to boycott or picket any stand-up gigs or public apologies becasue then you are targeting him specifically. However, Seinfeld was made long before we knew what a jerk he was and all of the other people in the cast or involved in its production shouldn't be subject to guilt by pre-association or penlized becasue of his actions. Many of those people benefit from (and some may depend on) money that they receive from the re-runs. It wouldn't be fair to punish those people because of what we've recently learned about Richards. I do, however, think it would be fair to boycott anyone or anything that he's involved with post-racist-rant. Everyone now knows who/what he really is and anyone who agrees to work on any projects with him or cast him in any roles deserves the same harsh treatment or cold shoulder that Richards does.

User Detail :  

Name : FreedaBee, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 42, City : Orange County, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Christine28617
    Participant
    that is totally your decision. I never liked that show anyway.

User Detail :  

Name : Christine28617, City : Hartford, State : CT Country : United States, 

mike
    Participant
    They called him all kind's of name's before his rant. They were rude and obnoxious way before the n word. Calling out from the audience and calling him a fag jew boy ect. Make a judgement before seeing all the evidence. Who is really the bigot her? You are presumpteous and ignorant.

User Detail :  

Name : mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 42, City : vegas, State : NV Country : United States, Occupation : bartender, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Josh P.
    Participant
    The choice is yours but why stop watching it because of one of the actors views?? It's not like you are racist just because you are watching it. And whatever happened to freedom of speech? I'm not racist but I'm also not some little sissy that gets all worked up because someone called me a Guido or Wop... Hell quido was one of my nicknames growing up. GET OVER IT AMERICA!

User Detail :  

Name : Josh P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Half Italian, Half mixed white, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : N, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : Firefighter, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

MichelleW
    Participant
    Child, I didn't! I know I have DVRd 71 episodes already. Sorry, but I've used the N-word several times and not just to black people.

User Detail :  

Name : MichelleW, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Program Developer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.