KKKonfused

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

P-J
    Participant
    Can someone please explain to me what the Ku Klux Klan is all about, other than what I see on the Jerry Springer Show?
    Original Code GD57. Click here to see responses from the original archives.

User Detail :  

Name : P-J, Race : Asian, Age : 16, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, 

Al
    Participant
    I'm not now, nor ever was a member of this group. But your question deserves an honest answer. The facts related here are from various history textbooks used in schools in the United States & Canada. The Klan was formed by a small number of ex-Confederate soldiers after the U.S. Civil War. The name Ku Klux Klan is a rather fanciful method of rendering the sound of a musket rifle being cocked, ready to fire. The purpose was to exact revenge on both Black and White people for the defeat of the South by the North. In the ensuing years, the Klan has made itself more of a political entity than a secret society. Nevertheless, the history of the Ku Klux Klan is replete with murders, violence, and hatred for other races and cultures. It seems rather an odd mindset to me, when one considers that most of the fine old families of the South were immigrants once themselves - from France, England, Germany, Denmark, and other countries. I guess if we look deeply enough, ALL of us are foreigners in one way or another.

User Detail :  

Name : Al, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 49, City : Ottawa (Ontario), State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : audio engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    As for the KKK, they preach that what they are doing is in line with the Word of God. If they really believed the Word they would realize that God created us all, and we are all equal. I myself, believe that the KKK are a bunch of people who are scared of change and very intimidated by other cultures succeeding while they are not.

User Detail :  

Name : Karen Davis, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 34, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.