Job troubles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kory
    I work as an electrical apprentice, which means I wire houses and work on construction sites. It's a rare job for someone my age, and rarer still for a female. The men on the job (it's like a 60:1 ratio) were constantly harrassing me, grabbing me and generally being perverse. Since I am not under contract, I cannot file any sexual harrassment charges, so I told one of the men who was shamelessly hitting on me that he wasn't my "type," and that my "type" was female. I guess word travels fast on the job, and now everyone is avoiding me like I have the plague. What should I do? I won't be keeping this job once school starts up, but if I don't do something, the next few months will be hell.

User Detail :  

Name : Kory, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : College Age, City : Near Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Electrical Apprentice, 

Andrew
    Participant
    The law doesn't intend for non-contract workers to be fair game for abuse. Verbal harassment and grabbing are crimes. Some states define that behavior as assault, which is a felony. I'd consider filling out a police report, just so there is a record of these people's behavior in case you have further problems. And be careful.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Huntington, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

PW30320
    Participant
    So, let's see. You have (brilliantly, I might add) in one stroke stopped this harassment, and avoided having to socially interact with these dickheads. If any of them were reasonable human beings, they wouldn't be afraid to talk to a lesbian, would they? So what's the problem?

User Detail :  

Name : PW30320, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : I.T., Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.