Jewish health care practices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joanna
    Participant
    I'm doing a project about 'multicultural inluence on health care' for my nursing course. I'm seeking any information about health practice in Jewish traditions, e.g. special food eaten during some sicknesses (i.e. the flu), health care during and after chilbirth, rituals, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

User Detail :  

Name : Joanna, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Syney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

sharon
    Participant
    against colds we have:chicken soup; Gogle-Mogle - eggs+konyak+sugar mixed together; garlik but nobody really takes it anymore' we prefer aspirin

User Detail :  

Name : sharon, City : tel aviv, State : IL Country : Israel, 

Victor C.
    If you happen to still be interested in your question read the Torah also known as The Books Of Moses, The Pentateuch, The five books of the bible.Coscentrate on the books of; The end of exodus all of leviticus and the beginning halph of numbers.

User Detail :  

Name : Victor C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Utica, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Highschool Student, Social class : Middle class, 

n/a
    Participant
    I don't know about any particular heath care practices amoung orthodox jews, but most 'regular' jews are a very secular group and, when it comes to health care, their 'god' is science. Aside from eating chicken soup, they do what their doctor advises. If there is anything unusual about jewish health care practices, it may be that they delay in seeking medical advise when they are ill. If you complain about your health, you are considered a 'kvetch' (a whiner). You are supposed to keep a stiff upper lip and take care of business.

User Detail :  

Name : n/a, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 50, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

noha
    Participant
    i know you're asking about jews but i wanted to tell you 2 tools that i remember now for health care : 1- in koraan (our holy book) it's satated that honey is the best medecin for anything so whenever I've got any pain,a cold or anything i take a spoon of honey:) 2- in a hadith(saying of prophet muhammed) he says take care of your sick ones through 'SADAKA' wich is giving money to a poor person or food or charity.

User Detail :  

Name : noha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 16, City : cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.