Jewish domination?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Joey-M
    Participant
    How come it seems that a disproportionate number of Jewish people are in places of power or where the money is? It seems many of the key editors, chief executives, doctors, lawyers, politicians, bankers, etc., at least in the United States, have common Jewish last names. I also do not know of many lower-class Jewish people. So what is this culture's secret to success?

User Detail :  

Name : Joey-M, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 26, City : Syracuse, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Mechanical Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Rachel30200
    Participant
    Jewish culture places a lot of importance on education. Through education, you can probably gain a prestigious, high-paying job. As for not knowing many lower-class Jews, my grandmother and aunt live in a one-bedroom apartment in Queens. They aren't rolling in dough, and neither are the many Jewish immigrants who have come to this country from Russia in recent years.

User Detail :  

Name : Rachel30200, Gender : F, Religion : Jewish, Age : 25, City : Colorado Springs, State : CO Country : United States, 

E. Evans
    Participant
    The law is very important in Judaism. Also, the written word is elevated to the sacred. You find a lot of Jews in professions that are reading/writing intensive because that's what Jewish culture values. So you find a lot of Jews in politics, elementary & secondary education, law & as writers. You don't find a lot of Jews in things focusing on mechanical ability or the plastic arts like engineers, architects, real estate developers or experimental science. Jews do a lot of things to increase the tolerance of the societies they live in like intentionally pushing the envelope of acceptibility. Judaism places a big emphasis on justice so particular Jews may be arrayed iconoclastically against the status quo. Lastly, Jews have a more positive attitude towards sexuality than Christians. These things all mean that Jews may be quite conspicuous regardless of how successful they are. Also, European Jews during the middle ages were prohibited from farming and were the only people who had compulsary universal education, from within the Jewish community. So, Jews eked out livings as Tailors, scribes, traders, peddlers, money-lenders, and jewelers. Jews were called the fourth estate of feudalism because they did things the nobles, serfs and clergy weren't allowed to do. Which is why a lot of Jews have names with Silver or Gold in them... they're descended from Jewelers. Jewish emaancipation in Western Europe happened in the 1700's, in Eastern Europe not till Industrialization and not completely till communism. Many Jews, especially the Orthodox, are still active in those medieval occupations today, for instance, the diamond trade. Few Jews are to found in the halls of agribusiness.

User Detail :  

Name : E. Evans, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Troy, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Database Developer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Naomi20254
    Participant
    I think a lot of Gentiles would like to ask that question; it's terribly un-PC but fair. In the 'old country,' meaning Eastern Europe for most American Jews, Jews were not allowed to own land and were not allowed into the artisan guilds. Going back further to the Middle Ages, Jews in many cities were not allowed to do anything but lend money at interest (forbidden to Christians)or sell used clothing. Early on, Jews became merchants and bankers since they were restricted to these professions. Fast-forward to the U.S. Did Jewish immigrants, who didn't know the front end of a cow from the back, take up farming in Minnesota? No, they ended up in garment factories in New York and other big cities; they also, particularly in the South and Midwest, were peddlers to rural communities. As the economy changed, Jewish professions changed too: the peddler ended up owning a general store, the garment guy ended up being a bigwig on 7th Avenue, and a lot of Jews went into businesses that were not closed to them by old-line WASPS, especially media and the movies. Even today, you see the entepreneurial spirit of the old ghetto in the number of Jews involved in dot-com startups... The professions, that's different. Jews were closed out of the law and medicine in Europe until the Napoleonic liberation of the 19th century, but here in America, well....that's different! The professions combine financial security (that you can always take with you in a pogrom, because a medical degree is in your head rather than in immovable real estate) with the veneration Jews have for education (advanced degrees.) I'm out of my own background on this one, but I see much in common with today's Indian and Chinese immigrants: get a good degree from a big-name college and start your own business/practice. All the stores in my old, formerly Jewish neighborhood are now owned by Asians.... Hope that helped.

User Detail :  

Name : Naomi20254, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 44, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Public affairs, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Bill23274
    Participant
    From the outside, it appears that Jews have a higher level of coherence than most other groups -- in spite of the notion that the coherence may mean little in a Jew's daily life -- in spite of truisms about 12 Jews having 13 strong opinions. Is it true that Jews living in strongly Jewish communities usually have access to a 'safety net' which is by-Jews-for-Jews? ... a social network where personal worth is judged on different criteria than AFDC or other governmental agencies use? e.g. criteria like 'character', service to others, honor, etc? These things seem to be available to others in other communities, but no communities seem quite as effective as Jewish ones. For example, regarding immigrants, I believe that there are both formal and informal organizations which WELCOME Jewish immigrants in most large cities. I don't expect that they're handed huge gifts, but I do expect that they are counseled and advised how to take fullest advantage of public resources and maximize the effectivenes of their limited personal resources. Generally speaking, people who have the initiative to get up and leave a bad situation elsewhere are willing to work some to make it here. In the extreme case, it seems that Israelis are using Russians as Americans used poor Europeans: to serve as squatters who repel others from the land. But I don't mean that to start a flame war, it just seems an extended form of the symbiosis between citizens and immigrants which Jews seem to manage better than most others. (certain Asians excepted) I generally attribute the coherence to Jews' long and unbroken written record, to the rationalizing effects of codifying behavioral guidelines, to the breadth of the Torah's influence on Jewish society, and to the high scholarly standards of those who are empowered to edit those societal guides. Also, except for its baser abberations, Jewish culture seems more egalitarian, more focused on learning, questioning, and challenging than most. Jews seem more attuned to the power of ideas and the notion that powerful ideas may come from otherwise unimpressive people. But the green grass is always greener on the other side to the fence. Can you shine any light on these points?

User Detail :  

Name : Bill23274, City : Taos, State : NM Country : United States, 

M.T.
    Participant
    I think that Jews in high places receive attention when they are in those places. It's rare that I read, 'John Smith, a lawyer who is Protestant.' However, articles on Jewish folk seem to go out of their way to acknowledge their religion. Also, I think that there are an awful lot of Jews who don't get attention or who aren't successful. Yet, stories about working class Jews (actually, working class people in general) don't seem to get as much play as stories about the wealthy.

User Detail :  

Name : M.T., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kate
    I married into a Jewish family. My in-laws are all 'working' people, including teachers, retail sales people, travel agents, and small business people. I grew up in a town with a large Jewish community that included prison guards and grocers as well as doctors and real-estate developers of Jewish faith. I suspect that, if you look around in your own life and not just at who is in the news (the media cover the exceptions after all) you will find most Jewish people are like most non-Jewish people.

User Detail :  

Name : Kate, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 45, City : denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Larisa26216
    Participant
    The simple answer is education. Jews have always been the 'people of the book' - education was always a subject of primary importance. Thus, a Jewish child is more likely to be urged to succeed in school, to take extracurricular activities, to get scholarships, and to view education as the way to success. There are poor Jews; but most don't stay poor for very long, because of this mindset.

User Detail :  

Name : Larisa26216, Gender : F, Religion : Jewish, Age : 24, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Catharine
    Jews have historically placed an emphasis on education, even at times when the Gentiles around them were largely illiterate. But there are plenty of poor Jewish people, don't worry! (I'm one of them. I lost my ZOG I.D. card.)

User Detail :  

Name : Catharine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Stage IV breast cancer, Race : Pacific Islander, Religion : Atheist, Age : 37, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jerry-R30952
    Participant
    As you know, Jewish people believe they are 'chosen.' This self-importance aids them in aggressively pursuing high-paying professions in which they can push and pull others to do their will. Haven't you also noticed how self-involved they are? Also, as you have noticed how successful they are, haven't you also noticed how single-mindedly they pursue wealth? Their culture places financial success above all other forms of success, so it seems only natural that they would succeed in this rather limited realm. Have you ever seen a truly well-adjusted Jewish doctor or lawyer? They are always nervous, fidgety, twitching and awkward. I am only trying to say, let's not assume career success means personal enlightenment.

User Detail :  

Name : Jerry-R30952, Gender : M, Age : 30, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Mira S.
    Participant
    Hi. There actually is some history to this. We weren't allowed to own land back in the middle ages. So we were merchants. And made a lot of money. Having a history of being both wanderers and being persecuted we thrived in adversarial situations. We don't worry about pissing off the establishment because at the time we weren't regarded as anyhthing by the establishment anyways. So we took more risks. Also since the holocaust, we have always been conditioned and raised to question authority and to never follow instructions blindly. Asking questions is also called the Socratic way of learning which is also the best way to learn about anything. In my opinion. We are always huge advocates of human rights because we know what it was like to have ours all trampled on. So many policy changes come by way of our investigation and suggestions.

User Detail :  

Name : Mira S., Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 31, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : artist/yoga tecaher, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Lee22840
    Participant
    I'm not Jewish but I have a very close Jewish friend. I asked him the same question. This may seem strange, but I am just repeating what he said and I do not agree with him. Basically he thinks Jews are smarter and this is why: For a long time in Christian societies the smartest men would become priests and then not pass on their genes to any children because they did not marry. In Jewish socities the smartest men become rabbis and are encouraged to have many children. And it is tradition for a rabbi's children to marry another rabbi's children. So, the smartest people are always passing on their genes. And this, he said, is why they are wealtier and have better jobs.

User Detail :  

Name : Lee22840, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, 

CS
    Participant
    Wow, you really don't get out much, do you? You should have saved your post until you've actually MET a Jewish person.

User Detail :  

Name : CS, Gender : F, Religion : Catholic, Age : 29, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Charles32248
    Participant
    Ah, anti-semitism, the subtle race card. Try looking at successful people this way: instead of counting steins or farbs, count frenchmen or englishmen. Not quite so easy, is it? Or think about how German, Polish, Czech, Jewish, and Russian last names sound the same to your white-bread self. The fact is, Jewish people make up a roughly similar percentage of the population at all income levels. The reason they seem unusually numerous to you, though, is that you notice and obsess over the successful ones with funny-sounding names without noticing their more typical fellows, both Jews and Goyim. The 'secret' to their success is that you're a racist who always wonders when he hear about wealthy Doctor Silverstein, while Doctors Braun and Michaels and Adams and Connors pass unnoticed.

User Detail :  

Name : Charles32248, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Architect, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.