It’s the End of the World and I Feel Fine!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kurt26145
    Participant
    How many people are afflicted with pre-Apocalypse/Millennium hype? Do you feel the world is about to end? If so, who do you think is going to push the button, and why? And what are you doing about it?

User Detail :  

Name : Kurt26145, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, City : Boulder, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Senior Market Research Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Al
    Participant
    Your perceptions are basically correct: Many people around the world are in a fear state regarding the impending millennium and the supposition that the "world will end." Sadly, many Christian believers are responsible for this nonsensical mindset. I do not claim to have any future knowledge, but I do know this: If one is a Bible believer, the clearly given set of "marching orders" from God is to Love thy neigbor, Tell them about God's love and Share with others what good Jesus had done for you. Even non-believers will be unoffended if spoken to with genuine brotherly love, rather than dire warnings and threats of God's wrath. To be sure, if God is really there, and He really is going to judge people, then those who choose (of their own will) to deny Him will go to their destiny, anyway. The Scriptures do portray a fearful "last few years" before the Second Coming of the Lord. Better to point folks toward reading for themselves and making up their own minds.

User Detail :  

Name : Al, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 49, City : Ottawa (Ontario), State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : audio engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Craig
    I went out for drinks with a friend I hadn't seen in some time, and she told me her dad predicts Aug. 20 as the end of the world. His thinking is that a probe launched into space will be passing the Earth, and if it hits the Earth, it has enough nuclear power to blow up the world countless times over. During August, there will also be a solar eclipse, and Revelation speaks of the sun being blotted out. Nostradamus also predicted something happening around August of '99, and that is interestingly his last entry. Having seen people panic during the '70s, and panic when we neared 1984, if there is such a thing as the Apocalypse, crying wolf will be the biggest reason no one listens anymore. I am still rolling my eyes about people hoarding food in preparation for Y2K.

User Detail :  

Name : Craig, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 37, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.