Italians who hate blacks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Mike Durso
    Participant
    Glad to be here

User Detail :  

Name : Mike Durso, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Self Employed, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Steve-A
    Participant
    What are you talking about? How can you make a generalization about all Italian Americans like that? If I did the same thing with African Americans, I would be called a racist, and rightfully so. The very question is racist in its assumption. That all Italian Americans walk in lockstep, and that we think and do the same thing? To paraphrase a great African American, You can't judge a person by the color of their skin or their ethnicity, you judge them as individuals and by the content of their character.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve-A, Gender : M, City : Colorado Springs, State : CO Country : United States, 

Cori B.
    I hope that in this point of this discussion that it is not futile to make a point also. Although I cannot speak for all Italians, I believe I can speak for my family who immigrated three generations ago from Cicily. My Nana speaks fluent English although it comes out with a thick accent because she moved here as an older adult versus being a child where the accent and inherant Italian cadance are more apt to disappear. I would describe my family as proud, stubbord, yet passionate individuals. The men on my Italian side reinforce the motif of the italian guy with the red face and veiney neck that appears at the slightest hint of stress or anger. Or it could be the heart disease and high blood pressure which runs in my family. Too much pasta and meatballs I guess. None of them are a part of the mafia that I know of. I have noticed that my family is more prejudice towards blacks than my father's side of the family wich is of mixed Eurpoean decent (your standard melting pot 5th gen Americans). My husband is Columbian-Mexican, and both sides of his family are first or second generation. His well-off second generation Columbian family is extremely racist of black and Mexicans. I remember a visit to Boca Raton this summer when one of his cousins, a real estate agent told us not to rent in n***er town and his Columbian family nodded in agreement at the dinner table while we gawed at them, completely appalled. The some members of the Columbian family also made derogatory statements about Mexicans, after which some of the cousins who made the comments became embarrased because they did not realize that my husband was half Mexican. My husband's second generation Mexican family living in Texas seem more open minded towards other races but are still somewhat suspicious of blacks and Asians. They are also predudice against other Mexicans, particularly those who just came from Mexico and act 'too Mexican' even though they ARE Mexican!!! I see what seems like a trend in groups who recently overcame discrimination (or who are still facing discrimination) that have trouble accepting new groups or groups that have attained a new status level in society. If anyone has facts to back this up or who know the reasoning behind this let me know. All in all setting a good example helps others judge you as an individual instead of your ethnic background.

User Detail :  

Name : Cori B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian-White, Religion : Spiritual Transition, Age : 21, City : Bellevue, State : NE Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Giulianna
    How can you say that we`re ignorant people who can`t string 2 words together? Talk about being rasicst! And wut do you mean we have no other ways to express other then anger? We Italians have to be the most friendliest race! I don`t see a American walking 10 blocks out of thier way to help a lost tourist (which is wut we italians do) and stop refering italians to the mafia! we're not about killing people and $$.Try more like respect and family. I think you should know a lil bit more bout italians before you talk crap about us! Oh, and not all italians hate blacks...i don`t

User Detail :  

Name : Giulianna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 17, City : Rome, State : NA Country : Italy, Occupation : soccer player, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

faye
    Participant
    My mom is black and my dad is italian. people always assume that i am hispanic when i tell them what i really am they always say that they thought black and italians do not get along.well it is not true in my case, both sides of my family get along. there is one race (from my experience) that do not get along or hate are jewish people. i do not agree with them and i really do not know why

User Detail :  

Name : faye, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : school, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Alex Alioto
    Participant
    Hi: To whom it may concern, I am a student at Penn State and am from Pittsburgh, PA. I happened to come across your site and am absolutely amazed at the hypocrisy Sean displays. Sean, who claims to be anti-racist(bullshit) has a hatred for italians for no reason at all. I am half sicilian(hence my last name) and have friends of all backgrounds and consider myself tolerant of other races. Thanks to the media, everybody thinks all italians are ignorant, violent, and racist, and it is SO NOT TRUE!!! You never hear about the good things italians have done, and in all fairness, the same goes for every ethnic group portrayed negatively in our society. So everybody stop complaining and just get along for pete's sake!! Italians in the mob or who beat blacks with bats are in the small minority! Please try to understand that!

User Detail :  

Name : Alex Alioto, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : University Park, State : PA Country : United States, 

Anyonmus
    Participant
    It is stupid that people like this post sterotypes towards Italians. I am Italian and I'm proud of my herriatage and I am also proud of accomplisments made by my acestors in the Roman Empire. As soon as I tell an American that I'm an Italian they automactically think that I am in the Mafia. It is igorant people like these who give Italians a bad name! Italians are not racist just because we have a high level of nationalism and pride does not mean we oppress people. Plus most countries think Italy is inferior and everyone always looks to France and England when the US is looking for support in Europe. Have they forgot what Italians have done?!? They took over England and France during the Roman Empire and France and England where shown as inferior just as Italy is shown today. It sickness me when French, British, and American people do things to buildings such as building 'Roman' columns and claiming that it is their history! WRONG! Acient Rome is Italy's history and Italians should be credited for such things as these and other countries such as France and Britain should not take credit for accomplishements that they did not do! They where only a mere terriorty of Rome and nothing else so they should not have credit for things such as these!

User Detail :  

Name : Anyonmus, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, City : Raleight, State : NC Country : United States, 

James
    Sean, you are quick to hate on Italians. The people who discovered this country, had the greatest empire of all time, which had laws that are the foundation of Western civilization. For recent discoveries you can look up Enrico Fermi who made the first 'working' atomic bomb which ended WWII. May inquire to what the Irish have accomplished ...ever?

User Detail :  

Name : James, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Davenport, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : CFO, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

AAa24999
    Participant
    I am Italian and most Italians are cool, just because there are some morons who act like morons who happen to be Italians don't relate them to all Italians. I think most blacks are cool people but I think, Shapton, Jackson, Farakahn and some of those others are morons.

User Detail :  

Name : AAa24999, City : AAA, State : AR Country : Denmark, 

Stefano-Colangelo
    Participant
    I'm Italian and I don't hate black. Italians are very tollerant.We aren't ignorant. Maybe We don't speak very well english but we are very interesting to learn something about other culture. Italian school is very difficult. We learn a lot about European and Italian culture. An Italian knowns a lot of poetry, history of America ( not only Cristoforo Colombo, Amerigo Vespucci, Caboto ecc) speaks about different Italians monument... Maybe Americans are a little ignorant. For them exist only U.S.A and They ignore other cultures...For them Notre-dame de Paris is equal to Italians church and Tower of Pisa...American ignore history of the world...Sorry...

User Detail :  

Name : Stefano-Colangelo, City : CAstellaneta, State : NA Country : Italy, 

Seamus
    Participant
    Blacks have no reason to go into an Italian community or any ethnic white community. Any black that does deserves to get beaten. Blacks need to learn to stay where they belong.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Irish, Religion : Catholic, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Bulgari
    Participant
    I can't beleive this italians hate blacks,i think he's jelous to italians having bigger dicks than he does,lol anyway you raciest bastard my wife is african american (yes she black) there's people that hate other people cause there live's are hopless not everyone is the same im italian and proud of it we are hard workers and provide for our families very well, not all of us are Don Chicho ( MAFIA ) yes there is good and bad in every race but does not give you the right to gasbag italians, i can not see italians driving out an entire block of blacks cause they dont like them its bullshit ive never herd of such nonsense.

User Detail :  

Name : Bulgari, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 26, City : miami, State : FL Country : Australia, Occupation : diamond dealer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Courtney
    Participant
    I am Italian and this is going to that guy, personally Italians are just like everyone else. I don't understand why you need to hate on the Italians and call us thugs and think that we don't do anything for anyone. Italians have distrubuted A LOT for our culture and for our people. We have brought our traditions over here and people love them. Italians are a beautiful nationality and the people are amazing. The culture is too. Just because Italians are not 'WHITE' or don't fall to the 'UPPER CLASS' perspective that you might have being Irish and all, doesn't mean that we do any harm. We're the same as anyone else, we feel the same as anyone else. As for the Italians and the blacks, I see A LOT of Italians and blacks mixing together. It is not always the Italians, did anyone ever stop to think that blacks might be doing this to Italians too? Latinos, Blacks, and Italians all claim their little territory and pull the same nonsense. Yes, I believe it's nonsense, I think we should all mix and live together and make it more diverse. Only time will prevail how that will come about.

User Detail :  

Name : Courtney, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Italian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 17, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

MAJOR
    Participant
    I AM A DARK SKINNED BLACK MAN,WHO HAS SOME SICILIAN BLOOD IN MY HISTORY FROM MY POPZ SIDE.......I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOME ITALIANS/SICILIANS HATE US......I LOVE THOSE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A STRONG SENSE OF LOYALTY AND UNITY WITH THEIR FAMILIES.....AND I ALWAY LOVE AND RESPECT ANY BODY WITH THOSE TRAITZ.......SO TO ANY ITALIAN OR SICILIAN FULL BLOOD OR OTHERWISE,LETZ ALL STOP HATING AND BE COOL,CAUSE GOD MADE US ALL,SO WE ALL BROTHERS IN THE EYES OF HIM

User Detail :  

Name : MAJOR, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : los angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : auditor, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

JOSEPH-CAPRIO
    Participant
    SEAN SOME ITALIANS AS OTHER NATIONALITYS HAVE LEARNED PREJUDICE AGAINST OTHERS BY WORD MOUTH IN THERE IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT. BY YOUR COMMENTS IM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN . I AM ONE OF THOSE ITALIANS WHO RESPECTS LIKES AND LEARNS FROM THIS GREAT RACE OF AFRO AMERICANS WHO ARE ACTUALLY THE BACKBONE OF THIS GREAT NATION. SEAN THAT SAID NOBODY LIKES EVERYBODY SOMETIME.THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT EVEN LIKE THEMSELVES.BE A LEADER SEAN WE ARE IN 2007 NOT 1897. GOOD LUCK

User Detail :  

Name : JOSEPH-CAPRIO, City : WARWICK, State : RI Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.