Italian men with black women

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Simone R.
    Participant
    Why does it seem like Italian men have no problem dating, or having sexual relations with, black women, but very rarely do they bring us home to meet their families? Is dating us still taboo to them?

User Detail :  

Name : Simone R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : White Plains, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : office manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Joe
    Participant
    This is not the first time I've heard that Italian men don't find race an issue when dating. I sometimes wonder if it is the limitation that other men aren't interested or black women find Italians more attractive... anyway. I have dated maybe 6 black women in my life (never really kept count). I got engaged to a black girl named Erin but she died before the wedding. I hardly ever involved my family with any women that I dated except when it got serious. My family did not accept Erin. Erin's family was decent to me (with the exception of Grandma... she loved me and was wonderful). After her death, my family actually seemed relieved (which is one of the reasons why I haven't spoken to them in over ten years). Her family, except Grandma, didn't want to talk with me either. I feel that some men may wish to avoid the crap their families give them because they don't want it to make the relationship harder. I didn't care but I also felt like I was free to care and enjoy myself if they weren't in the picture. The real tell-tale sign would be, does he introduce you to friends and co-workers that he knows do not have a problem with inter-racial dating? If he doesn't, he has too much of a hangup about it and doesn't desearve to date you.

User Detail :  

Name : Joe, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Jennifer
    Participant
    It is because it is not accepted in strong italian families, it is the same with italian women and black men. From what I was told is that italians where considered the 'blacks' of a long time ago when they immigrated to the US.They were portrayed as low class, lazy etc..Being compaired to how blacks were treated they do not want to be reminded or forseen as that.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 22, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Spencer
    Participant
    Yes it is taboo. They still consider us 'MOOLIES', but like all other cultures and races they are in love with the nubian queen. Question should be why are nubians in love with Italians? Is this question from experience?

User Detail :  

Name : Spencer, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nubian, Religion : Nuwaubic, Age : 30, City : new york, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Jennifer B.
    Participant
    in response to simone, yes, it has been my experience that italian men still view having relationships with black women as taboo. i am white, my father is sicilian and my mother is a european mix of british and dutch. i was not raised prejudiced, but my cousins, who are full bred sicilian were. my male cousins think all black people are inferior and will say so around you (in another language of course). i have been ridiculed several times by them about dating out of our race. my extended family is under the impression that they can only marry 'pure' white or italian/sicilian women, or ones that they can bring home. my theory with these type of men is that it is similar to the slave era when black people were thought to be exotic and only sexual creatures, so of course these type of relationships were/are accpetable, to people of prejudice. it's all stereotype and limited information. i do not agree with my family, and i am not very close to them because of this. i can try and ask my one male cousin who is 23 and try and get his answer about this specific question.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 25, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Child Care Worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Orleanas19977
    Participant
    Honey, it is still taboo for anyone from a different ethnic background to date a Black person. It is still seen as taking a step backwards or a step into the dump.

User Detail :  

Name : Orleanas19977, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, 

Zip
    I absolutely love black women. If I were going out with a black lady, I would have no problem bringing her home to meet my family. My mom loves black women, too; she can't stop talking about how beautiful they are. Other people, like grandparents, were taught they should date within their own race, but they still would respect their grandchild's decision. Sometimes some Italians might be scared of what their parents might think about their child dating a black lady.

User Detail :  

Name : Zip, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian Canadian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 17, City : Vancouver, British Columbia, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.