Is black crack a racist comment?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Shawna27947
    Participant
    I was with a new (white) friend at an event where a woman went up on stage and unexpectedly revealed her rear end to the audience. The context was hilarious, and the show continued uninterrupted. Later, my friend made reference to the woman's 'black crack.' I'm new to the United States and have heard several comments or labels I would consider inappropriate but have discovered are perfectly acceptable in U.S. society. Is this one of them? Or should I fully explore my 'friend's' views on race before I commit myself to a friendship with her?

User Detail :  

Name : Shawna27947, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, 

Wayne C.
    It suspect it is, but I am unfamiliar with it. If you give the entire quote, I (and I am sure others) will let you know. I strongly suspect you should fully explore your 'friend's' views on race before you commit to a friendship with her.

User Detail :  

Name : Wayne C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 41, City : Parsippany, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : marketing, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Peter P.
    I have lived in Sacramento my entire life, and if you weren't very aware of it before, then I should tell you that California is a very diverse state, probably the most diverse in the United States. Your friend is probably not a racist. Many Californians grew up learning about and tolerating other races and cultures. The comment your friend made is most likely just a comment meant to be funny.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

alex
    Participant
    People are sensative. I suggest not using this comment again. There could come a time when you and your friend are around the wrong people who disagree with your humor. People die because of things like this. Ive seen it happen.

User Detail :  

Name : alex, Gender : F, Race : *poweRpuFF greeN*, Age : 19, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : *maDsCienTist*, 

conny
    Participant
    I have to disagree with the above comment. even though california is very diverse, this state is one of the worse racist places, just to let you know Whites in Palmdale still burn crosses on African americans lawn. There is a lot of white people who make comments that are racist,but they dont acknowlege it as being a racist comment

User Detail :  

Name : conny, Gender : F, Age : 22, City : Northrdige, State : CA Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.