I’m attracted to gay men

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Gina21694
    Participant
    I am attracted to gay men. My boyfriend has a problem with this. What is wrong with me? Is this normal for a woman?

User Detail :  

Name : Gina21694, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 21, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 

alan
    Participant
    i dont know why he has a problem with it,it not like theirs much of a chance of cheating. yes id say it is normal, allot of females i know are attracted to gay guys, just most dont know they are gay, as a general rule(not all), but most guys dont take guy of their bodies, that gay men do. nothing is wrong with you unless you feel you HAVE to try to 'turn them'.

User Detail :  

Name : alan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : brisbane, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : er bum/unemployed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Covergirl
    Well honey have you ever dated a gay man? Or approached your boyfriend with the offer? IF not then he has nothing to fear. Unless he's insecure because he isn't a gay man and wants nothing to do with them on a relationship level. I too am attracted to gay men. But I am a bi-sexual woman. I seem to get a sense of power when I can get one in bed...could there be a little sugar in your tank?

User Detail :  

Name : Covergirl, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Age : 25, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Marie
    Participant
    I like bisexual guys, I always have. My first boyfriend considered himself bi even though he only ever fantasized about his best friend. My husband used to be uncomfortable about my kink, but once I reassured him that I didn't expect him to have sex with another guy, he was/is okay with it. He now indulges me by occasionally watching bisexual adult videos with me and will even talk about my fantasies with me because he knows what a big turn on it is for me. Now if I could just persuade him to try a m/m/f threeway with me... But really, lots of men get off on the thought of two women being together, why can't women be allowed to like seeing or thinking about two guys together? And while it may not be the norm, there are many, many women who do like it. Do an internet search for 'slash' of 'yaoi' fiction or fanfiction. There are tons of erotic stories online about m/m sex (written by both women and men.) You'll see that there is nothing wrong with you and that you have plenty of company. ; )

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Jeffersonville, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 
    Could be one of several things going on here. --- CASE 1: Consider the Gay man stereotypes... tend to be clean, well groomed, gainfully employed, posessing of aesthetic sense, etc. All of these are traits that might serve to attract women, and may exist statistically more amongst a random cross section of gay men than straight men.

User Detail :  

Name : Chickenator X, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Kinsey 1, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Panjudeochristian Heretic, Age : 28, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Cyberterrorist :-), Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

names mean nothing
    Participant
    I think every woman subconsciously or not, has been attracted to gay men at some point in time. This is because there is a stereotype that gay guys are sensitive, funny, smart, and great with style, (and many are!) making them the woman's ultimate companion. However, it is best to try and keep your feelings to friendship. And if you need a way to turn you off, just try to get a graphic mental picture going of two men going at it. That usually does it for me.

User Detail :  

Name : names mean nothing, Gender : F, Age : 19, City : smalltown, ON, State : CA Country : Canada, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Buddy
    Participant
    I guess everyone has wants and desires and unless a professional, with credible knowledge steps in to help you understand why you'll be at a loss to understand the reason you have this feeling. Try to talk your' boyfriend into spending the night with a gay person and let you watch. He doesn't have to play the female part. Perhaps you're a vouyer in the making.

User Detail :  

Name : Buddy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Welder/Machinist, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Keith26548
    Participant
    To answer this question easier I'm going to flip the question: Is it OK for men to be attracted to lesbians? Ask a wide cross section of men and you will find most will reply with an overwhelming YES! Even mention hot girl on girl action and their tongues will roll out like an unravelling jellie roll. So if its OK for men to lust after lesbian action, by rights, its ok for you to lust after gay men. There is a show called 'Queer as folk' and a survey of the show's audience reveals that 50% of those who watch are women. There's nothing wrong with you.

User Detail :  

Name : Keith26548, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40, City : London, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Professional, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Ember25352
    Participant
    It's very normal. I think we subconsciously feel safer around gay men, and those feelings of safety can lead to an attraction.

User Detail :  

Name : Ember25352, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Karen A.
    You're not alone. A lot of women feel very comfortable with gay men, which goes some way toward explaining the attraction of movies like My Best Friend's Wedding and TV shows like Will and Grace - and probably the 'slash' genre of fiction, as well. My closest female friend is a straight woman attracted to gay men, and what she likes is the friendship and intimacy she gets from them that she doesn't get from straight men. Plus, they make her feel safe. Ring any bells?

User Detail :  

Name : Karen A., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 37, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Addison
    Participant
    Your attraction isn't all that unusual. Nobody can say why YOU find gay men attractive but for women in general one theory is that gay men are non-threatening and more sensative. They have many of the qualities women love but in a biological male being, which some find a very attractive combination. Another idea is that a gay man is a man you can never have and therefore is safe to desire.

User Detail :  

Name : Addison, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 33, City : Salt Lake, State : UT Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

E25526
    Participant
    I'm a woman in a relationship with another woman, but I'm also attracted to gay men. I just like their style and grooming better, plain and simple. Besides, they're way more fun!

User Detail :  

Name : E25526, City : SF, State : CA Country : United States, 

shauna
    Participant
    When you say 'attracted,' do you mean you enjoy being around gay men or that you're sexually attracted to them? There's a big difference. Either way, though, it's not a big deal. Most of my best friends are gay men and have been since I was 17. I feel far more comfortable with them than I do other women, probably because the very things my gay friends admire in me are the things other women are threatened by. When a gay man gives you a compliment, there's no ulterior motive behind it. If you're attracted to them sexually, it has at least something to do with wanting something you know you can't have. As long as you never try to follow through on the attraction, it's okay. You'll never be able to 'convert' a gay man. Keep that in mind and you can have some fun, innocent flirtations with them. :)

User Detail :  

Name : shauna, Gender : F, Age : 37, City : san francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Kip M.
    I'm also attracted to gay men. Often to my detriment, since obviously the 'attraction' isn't mutual. But, generally friendship grows from it. I think one of teh reasons i'm sexually attracted to gay men (by stereotype) is that they tend to care more about their looks, fashion, and take more time to 'impress' - if you will. I like that men bother to know food and wine; artsy films, etc. and this is stereotypically 'gay' attitudes. Luckily for us, Gina, Metrosexual is in. :-) Queer eye for teh Straight Guy rules !

User Detail :  

Name : Kip M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 30, City : Boulder, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : what ever pays the bills, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kirk26399
    Participant
    Does your friend like gay men because of the friendship and intimacy or does she like the idea that she never has to worry that they might be attracted to her and she may get hit upon?

User Detail :  

Name : Kirk26399, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 46, City : Pearl River, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.