How those U.S. girls dress…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Maria
    Participant
    Why do most American girls (those I've seen in France on holidays) always wear gray shorts, socks and tennis shoes, and tops? I dont think it is because of the weather, because I have seen the same uniform in winter, and also on Saturday nights when they go to a disco. Is this dress meant to be sexy?

User Detail :  

Name : Maria, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 18, City : Paris, State : NA Country : France, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Rick29961
    Participant
    Tourists tend to dress for comfort rather than style. I think that explains what you've observed.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29961, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rhiannon
    When I was in Paris, I noticed that lots of Parisian women were dressed beautifully. I felt conspicuously like a tourist dressed in the casual clothes from my backpack. Perhaps Parisian standards for what one wears to a club or museum are just more formal than what Americans are used to?

User Detail :  

Name : Rhiannon, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 29, City : Eden Prairie, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Professor, Social class : Middle class, 

Billie Jo
    I don't think that we dress in any certain way. We tend to dress for comfort so I believe that is what you saw. When we go out to nice clubs or to dinner we dress up and the tennis shoes get put in the back of the closet.

User Detail :  

Name : Billie Jo, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : West Bloomfield, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : nursing, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.