How do you know if he’s interested?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alex J.
    Participant
    I recently admitted to myself and several close friends that I am bisexual. Now I am looking for a relationship with another man, but how do you tell if another guy is interested without offending a straight guy by mistake? Note: because I am still in high school, I do not want anyone who is not gay/bi to know about my orientation. Although I come from a tolerant upper middle class school, I have seen it hurt others.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex J., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 17, City : Elkins Park, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : High School student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mark Bentley
    Participant
    The first thing I would recommend is to move slowly. Is there a gay/lesbian community center in your town? If so, they probably have a youth group. Or, maybe a Metropolitan Community Church? These are fairly safe options for meeting other guys in your age group in a controlled environment. You can also hit the gay.com 'youth' chat rooms and talk to guys in the same situation. Check www.planetout.com and go to the youth sections to chat with other guys there. The thing you must be careful of is, and I'm sure you are probably aware of this, that older guys will be in the youth rooms to see what they can find, also. Watch your step, and don't give out details about yourself. If and when you agree to meet someone in person, make sure it's in a very public place so that you have security. Bottom line: Be careful. There are good people out there, but there are also some stinkers. Learning the difference is tough, and sometimes dangerous.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark Bentley, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : UFMCC - Cathedral of Hope, Age : 39, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Financial analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Josh
    Participant
    Alex, I've had the same problem. In high school I was lucky enough to just have a feeling about a guy and we ended up being together for a year and a half. It's risky, especially in high school. Maybe you can find some gay/bi/lesbian youth groups in your area. If not, one way is to open the door slowly to the possibility you might be and seeing how he reacts. A lot of it is just reading between the lines.

User Detail :  

Name : Josh, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Salt Lake City, State : UT Country : United States, Occupation : Data Management, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.