How are we here?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Sare
    Okay. So He is God, right? And God throughout the Bible has a tendency to not let ALL the details out for the people at once. So maybe there were more people that He created and they weren't as interesting or as useful in teaching spiritual lessons as Adam and Eve. Also interesting to note, after Cain kills Abel, he is scared that anyone he meets will kill him. If the only other people were his family, why wouldn't he just say 'gee i hope my family doesn't kill me for killing Abel.' Then God sends him to the land of Nod, which has a name (probably given by its inhabitants) and a wife for Cain. It is amazing what you will find if you just READ the actually text of the Bible.

User Detail :  

Name : Sare, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 21, City : Beeville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bill
    Great question! Let me point you to a specific web site that answers this question even more in-depth. See www.answersingenesis.org . The short answer is that Adam and Eve had several children, and they could intermarry and interbreed without fear of genetic mutation - but don't let me steal the site's thunder!

User Detail :  

Name : Bill, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 31, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Johnppj
    Participant
    Adam and Eve had 3 children: Cain, Abel, and Seth (Genesis 4:25). Some believe that Lilith was Adam's first wife but she left him because she didn't want to be his inferior. I guess incest with the mother is a possibility or there were just other people created elsewhere but they didn't get their names into Genesis.

User Detail :  

Name : Johnppj, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 61, City : Columbus, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : self employed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.