How an Arab feels about Sep 11th.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Karim
    After September the 11th American media has been so noisily claiming that 'moderate muslims have been too silent and are to blame for this'. Most Egyptians, do in fact sympathise with you, we know what terrorism means, we had to go through our own war against it and at that time no one in the world wanted to help us. To the contrary. Do any of you guys know that when the Clinton administration held secret talks with Egyptian terrorist groups in the mid-nineties the Egyptian president warned him that it will turn on America? Egyptian telivision was all 'I told you so', after september the 11th. Clinton felt he had to explore all options in Egypt. Moreover, at least here in Egypt we have been having some serious self inspection, we asked some tough questions about how we may have caused this, and how and if we need to change. Telling from CNN Americans haven't been doing the same, a little hint to CNN when you want to discuss how America's bias against Palestenians may have been responsible for Sep. 11 you don't get an Israeli foreign ministry spokesman as a guest, so much for free media. Secular Arabs and muslims like me have lost the most from this incident, we hate Ossama Bin Laden, and here in Egypt we have hated him since the early 90's when he sponsored terrorist attacks in Egypt. I just had hopes that Americans may eventually know how we feel, but telling from CNN, Internet message boards and the stories of Egyptian Americans, America seems to have changed ... permanently. Great loss. My question is, does ANYONE in America know, or want to know, how normal Arabs really feel?

User Detail :  

Name : Karim, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.