Hot blacks in cars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Participant
    Why don't most blacks use their car air conditioners?

User Detail :  

Name : Ray, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Green Cove Springs, State : FL Country : United States, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Maybe they don't feel the need. I don't use the air conditioning in my car most of the time because the '4-65' method, combined with the vent fan, keeps me comfortable, and using the air conditioning destroys my mileage. Especially now, that 2-3 mpg using the air conditioning knocks off my mileage is a very big deal. I expect a lot of people, (not just blacks), who struggle to make ends meet and drive what they can get - frequently an older vehicle with less-than-spectacular mileage - feel the same way.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Deirdre
    Participant
    I love riding with my windows down. I guess its sort of like why people put the top down on a convertible. Another reason is it saves gas. I don't really see the point in wasting my money/gas to have air blow in my face when I can just roll the window down and get it for free. If its is ridiculously hot I will turn my air on, but if its not past 80 or so I will leave my windows down.

User Detail :  

Name : Deirdre, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : black and white, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : Greeneville, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tanaira20804
    Participant
    do you know most blacks? i am black and i use my air conditioner.

User Detail :  

Name : Tanaira20804, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Baptist, Age : 16, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

YourMama
    Participant
    My being Black has nothing to do with it. I don't use mine because it causes the car to burn too much fuel. If I were white, I'd do the same thing.

User Detail :  

Name : YourMama, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 

Reign
    LOL!! black people DO use the car air conditioners....unless it's broken LOL

User Detail :  

Name : Reign, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : CCHills, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

JDW
    Participant
    I wouldn't say most black people do this. The ones you see probably do it because the air conditioner is broken and maybe they can't afford to get it fixed. Some people do it because it's cheaper since gas is so high. Some people may do it because the heat doesn't bother them so much.

User Detail :  

Name : JDW, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.