Homosexual adoptions OK?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Kerry
    We are not in fact pre-occupied with sex, no more than a straight couple. Granted, who we have sex with is different, but that's all. We are as multi-faceted in our interests as anybody else. We are capable of providing as good a moral standard as the next couple. I think it's obscene that parents who beat their children, ignore them, or are axe murderers get to keep their kids, because after all they are straight, and that's 'the' most important thing- that they have sex with the right person. They return kids to parents who KILL them. And you are worried about the gender of their partner? Get with the real world.

User Detail :  

Name : Kerry, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 29, City : Ventura, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Paimon
    Participant
    This is an old conversation that was best summed up long ago. If it holds true that all gay parents will somehow make their children gay, then what is to be said of all the straight parents who have children who are gay? Were the straight parents not straight enough? There are so many children in the world, and one day when we all wake up from our haze of bias and adopted attitudes, perhaps we will finally realize that the most imporant thing in a child's life is someone there to care for, love and support them, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

User Detail :  

Name : Paimon, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Web Developer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Stephanie27801
    Participant
    I have to say no, and not just because I don't think it's right, I have real justification. In highschool a friend of mine had '2 moms' and he was so ridiculed be other kids it was so sad. It's very selfish for a gay couple to bring a child into their life and set them up for this life of torture be other kids.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie27801, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Wendy B
    I just want to share with you that I was raised by my lesbian mother...and I and my older brother turned out very well-and neither of us is gay. But I want to tell you that the way you see homosexual parents is sort of a 'blanket' judgement. Because you see- I have met many many gay families as I grew up and have many lifelong friends with gay parents and not one of us can even remember ever having any idea of what went on between our gay parents behind closed doors- we knew as much about sex as any other kid- which wasnt much. I just want you to realize that not all- and certainly not most- homosexual couples are completely 'sex oriented' It was never just about sex for my parents- who were wonderful, hard-working, Christian- yes they were and so am I- women. Thank You

User Detail :  

Name : Wendy B, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : OKC, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : preschool teacher, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Zenia
    Participant
    that is absurd. just because a couple is gay does not mean that they value sex over all else. the only thing that differenciates gay couples from striaght couples is quite obvious. a child has every chance of being abused and and such from a straight couple as from a gay couple. that is just prejudice on your part.

User Detail :  

Name : Zenia, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 19, City : Coombs, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Lani
    Participant
    Unfortunately, children ARE vulnerable and suseptiable to influences all over their lives. And, unfortunately, some children are raised with homophobic parents who will become the one reason that homosexual parents might not get children. These are the kids who will harass the children of gay parents, call them names, tease them, and all because they have been badly influenced. As I'm sure you've heard, sex is no more important to gays than to straights. I can't go into a full blown out lecture, but if you're interested, e-mail me. To make it short and sweet, they are often loving couples who probably started out as friends just like any other couples, and who, in the privacy of their homes engage in sex as PART of their relationship, just like most couples. To assume that because they have sex they can't love a child normally is.....a nonsensical lie. The thing that really ticks me off, though, is to say that gay people can't adopt. Why? Are you saying that it is better for children to have no parents and no security than to have two loving parents? Are you saying that we should cut out a huge amount of children who COULD be adopted, but woulden't because some people believe that their would-be parents like sex more than straight people? That boogles my mind. Please, please step outside your box and think about this objectively.

User Detail :  

Name : Lani, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, City : Santa Cruz, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Corey
    Participant
    Being homosexual isn't all about sex. It's simply a matter of attraction, seeing how there are such people as celibant homosexuals.

User Detail :  

Name : Corey, City : Snellville, State : GA Country : United States, 

Dina M.
    Participant
    who you are attracted to doesn't say anything for or against your abilty to parent. why would it? it seems silly to assume it would

User Detail :  

Name : Dina M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : unsure, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Poet, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.