History

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Dot.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

matt
    Participant
    Y? does the modern American education system have the effect of giving young people the impression that the developement of the United States was in any way decent. As a young child I was presented with a world where white people spread over the globe doing whatever they wanted and nobody ever complained about it. Whenever I was told the truth, people would use the words war or colonization without explaining how truley horendous either of theses things are. I feel I've just now obtained an idea of the past that is truthful and full of mistakes that should never be made again.

User Detail :  

Name : matt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : not sure, Age : 21, City : Pullman, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

DannyH
    Participant
    You are having a conversation with people over a medium that would not be possible without the spread you are complaining about. Civilization is not a nice quick exchange of ideas. Civilizations clash. When they do, there is a winner and a loser. Before you feel too sorry for the people who lost, maybe you should look at the practices they carried out as well. As an example: Europeans didn't go and chase down AFricans and enslave them. They bought them from Muslims and other Africans who chased them down and enslaved them and then sold them to get them out of their "hair". With the exception of the Vikings and the Celts, women have been treated horribly throughout history, being little more than and sometimes a lot less than property. Western thought and culture has started changing that around the world. It sounds to me like you're buying into the whole "white guilt" thing that says that whites are evil and our history is one of evil and conquest. The problem is, so is everyone else's. We just happened to be the winners. If you look at some of those cultures who lost, ask yourself- would the world be a better place had they won? Life's a banquet and most poor bastards are starving to death!

User Detail :  

Name : DannyH, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Asatru, Age : 45, City : Buon, State : NA Country : South Korea, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    In my school district kids are being taught that but for the European invasion of North and South America, those continents would be living in perfect communal unity without poverty or racial conflict. The "Anglo" minority in the Los Angeles Unified School District is routinely picked out for derision and harassment. One reason why most "white" parents are forced to fund private school educations for their children. Sadly, as whites are becoming less racist, other races are becoming more so. Soon it will be like the 1920's all over again, with the white minority being pushed to the back of the bus. Diversity only improves a culture when all the players are interested in getting along.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.