Hispanics call me wedda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

N.F.
    Participant
    Hispanics refer to me as "wedda". I've been told it only means "pale," white female but I don't believe it and I can't find anything similar to the sound of this word. What does it mean?

User Detail :  

Name : N.F., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

FreedaBee
    It sounds to you like 'wedda', but the word is huera (maybe huerra) and it's pronounced more like 'where-a', or 'where-o' (huero) to refer to a guy. It basically means white girl or white guy in a positive kind of way. Like, if you hang out and are accepted as part of the group, even though you're white instead of Hispanic, you might get the nickname Huera or Huero.

User Detail :  

Name : FreedaBee, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 39, City : Orange County, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jill20827
    Participant
    Actually, no. It's not a positive nickname. It's as positive as it would be if you had a Latino 'friend' who you addressed as 'spic' - but in a 'playful' manner.

User Detail :  

Name : Jill20827, Gender : F, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.